The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Although I can't attend British by the Sea, I thought I'd start a thread since I figure there must be people going.

Harkness Memorial State Park, Great Neck Road, Waterford, CT, United States

http://www.ctmgclub.com/pdf/BBTS INVITE 2014.pdf

·
Registered
14 Posts
Interested and this will be the first time going there. So if I'm not entering my Elise for the judging, I'll be parking in the "Display field"?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'll be parking in the "Display field"?

relax and enter your car! Its not about winning or loosing, it's about hanging with your fellow Loti members, talking and having a good time meeting other club members (and showing off what you got). Clean or dirty, it doesn't matter. It's all about having fun isn't it? :UK:

Bruce

·
Registered
2005 Elise #3935, Chrome Orange, BOE tune, Exige wheels, splitter
359 Posts
Wanna we meet on I 95?

Last year a few of us from points east of the event met up in the park and ride @ exit 3 in RI and convoyed in from there.

Any takers this year?

If there's interest I'll post the details.

Noel.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Sure.

Anyone from North of Boston/Metro West want to join up? I thought I'd map out a route from roughly Worcester down the RI side of 395. We could meet up at exit 3.

Let me know if interested.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm in. I'm coming from the Rt-3 / I-495 area so I can also convoy up with anyone there on the way to I-395. Has everyone registered or can we just print the form and then show up at the event?

·
Registered
2005 Elise #3935, Chrome Orange, BOE tune, Exige wheels, splitter
359 Posts
Meet up on I-95 in RI info

Location: Park & Ride on Route 138 just off Exit 3 (Route 138S, URI).

Time: BBTS opens @ 10 AM. The meet up is about an hour away from there, so we will leave @ 9 AM. plan accordingly.

Note: there gas stations and a Dunkin Donuts.

Noel

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Saw you at Bass Pro yesterday.. The guys I was there with loved the Esprit. :) We were the only 2 Lotus there that I saw.. Will try to make it to BBTS if I can, sounds like fun! Have to see how the weekend plays out.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I spotted your car yesterday. I think I saw you at Taunton C & C last year. Hopefully, you can make it Sunday!

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Yep, that's where I remembered you from too. :)

Looks like about the same distance for me to head over to 395 on the Pike, or head down 95.. Any 'roll call' for people meeting on 395 vs 95? :) I'm leaning towards 95 in RI just because it's more familiar to me.. Either way hope to join in on a little caravan down there.

Can anyone comment on the above question - what happens if you haven't pre-registered? Can we print the form and show up with the $20 fee and get in? Or will we end up in spectator parking?

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can anyone comment on the above question - what happens if you haven't pre-registered? Can we print the form and show up with the $20 fee and get in? Or will we end up in spectator parking?
I don't recall ever pre-registering nor having it be an issue. YMMV.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ok folks,
I will be leaving my house and hitting 95 South in Waltham between 745 and 800 am. If anyone wants to meet up along the way before the Park and Ride in RI, just let me know.

Bruce: I am still pining for the coveted beer mug, but maybe I am just a bit competitive against the orange Elise :).

As far as pre-registering, there is no problem if you do not, I have been there two years in a row now and have just paid at the gate, and then filled out the registration when I got inside.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, and I am going to try to bring my popup as it is in a huge field and expected to be hot and sunny. Anyone brining chairs? How about cold water?

See you guys in the am!
Rose

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
There were 12 Lotus maybe? I took a few pics, but stupidly not of the Lotus group. :) I only got a couple rear-ends while taking a picture of some Wolfhounds to send to my Wife.

See if I remember this..
2 Yellow Elise, 2 BRG Elise, 2 Orange Elise, 1 Black Exige, 1 Black Elise,
1 Green early Elan convertible, 1 Red/Gold early Elan hardtop, 1 Red 90's Elan, 1 Black/Gold Europa.... Think that's it! SOOOOO many fun cars there! Most of the Lotus turnout were local RI/MA/NH regulars. I'll be there again next year for sure.

Action shot of the black Elise arriving... :) And some horses. er.. dogs.

(My memory is swiss cheese.. fixed the count. :) )

1 - 20 of 27 Posts