The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will not be able to attend British by the Sea this year. If you plan on attending, post here to let others know.

In years past, I would arrange for members of Lotus Ltd. to meet outside of 495 then take back roads most of the way there. If someone is willing to lead a drive, I can help with planning. Keeping things simple and just driving down 395 is an option and you could change the starting location or route based on who replies here.

The car show has had a large turn out of Lotus in the past. The weather currently looks good for Sunday, and the location on the coast at Harkness is superb.

The event is $15 per car.

Event info: http://ctmg2005.homestead.com/files/bbts2012/reg2012.pdf

Here was last years schedule:
0700 Breakfast
0800 Leave for show via ~2.5 hour route avoiding congested areas
10:30 arrive at British by the Sea

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am planning on going and was wondering if there was a breakfast planned? I am interested in both if possible.

·
Super Moderator
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not yet. I had planned on coordinating breakfast and a drive down as a normally do, but I'm busy on 6/3. If a couple people get it together, I will let everyone on the mailing list know. Normally we get 5 or 6 people from breakfast and then a nice drive down.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'll be going.

If someone can pick a b-fast spot outside of 495, south of 90, I'll lead a route from there via CT 169/163/161 into Niantic and over to Harkness. I'll need to know the start point sometime tomorrow.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I can meet along the route...

I'll be going.

If someone can pick a b-fast spot outside of 495, south of 90, I'll lead a route from there via CT 169/163/161 into Niantic and over to Harkness. I'll need to know the start point sometime tomorrow.
If you take this route, I can meet you on Route 169 in Taftville. That's where 169 joins 97. I'll be in the parking lot of Central Sports on the right hand side. Can't miss me. I'll be the Orange Elise. I just need to know when you expect to pass by so I can be there.

Noel

·
Super Moderator
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll be going.

I sent you some info. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help. I'll ping the LL mailing list again to let everyone know breakfast is on and to chime in here.

That said, if anyone didn't get the email but expect to, let me know.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'll be joining you P. We could look back and see where we had breakfast last year. I have a sense that Keeper forwarded that info to you. I have some time tomorrow to get the car ready and will meet you Sunday in the am.

Thanks.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Looks like rain in the morning for our ride down. No rain for Waterford, CT

Chance of thundershowers on the ride back.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Here are some suggestions I came up with from yelp:
JR's Diner, Milford
Valley Cafe, Northbridge
Mom's Restaurant, North Uxbridge
Central Diner, Millbury

·
Registered
555 Posts
I would go, but I'm in Panama right now...I haven't seen a Lotus anywhere...don't know why! Anyways...have fun
Bruce

Sent from my AT200 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hi all,

All PM's have been replied to. If you are going and want to meet for b-fast (Worchester area), please PM me this evening for details.

Latest weather looks like it will clear up for tomorrow.

Thanks,

·
Registered
103 Posts
Folks,
I had such a blast at this! It was great to meet all of you and congrats on your awards(I mean beer mugs)!!!

BTW, I got 33mpg for that trip! I guess the gas mileage is optimum at 100 miles per hour?

See some of you soon!
Until next time,
Rose

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey hey... do I detect some jealousy at your lack of receiving a beer mug errr... I mean award? I had a great time and enjoyed meeting everybody as well; except for the rain.
I guess doing 100 mph is one way to stay dry with the top off.
Frank

1 - 20 of 20 Posts