The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somewhat more sedate than Hyperfest next Saturday (6/20), but there is a small British Car Show in Fork, MD next weekend:

Maryland Car Shows & Free Summer Movies, Drive-In Movies- Sunshine Grill Greek Restaurant

It is a small show, I'd be surprised if they can squeeze 100 cars on the location, but getting there involves driving some of the BEST Lotus roads in that part of Maryland. If you do go, suggest getting there fairly early to get a good spot.

It's hosted by the Sunshine Grill, which advertises itself as a Greek restaurant. IMHO, it's nothing more than a pizza/sub shop with mediocre food, but again, it's a nice drive and a decent little show.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was just looking at this show... I think I'm going to bag Hyperfest - looks to be mostly tuner cars... I also don't see the need to pay 45 bucks as entry...

I think the show in Fork, MD is the answer... What time are you planning on getting there? I was just looking for a registration form, but couldn't find anything or an entry fee....

-Will

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just looking at this show... I think I'm going to bag Hyperfest - looks to be mostly tuner cars... I also don't see the need to pay 45 bucks as entry...

I think the show in Fork, MD is the answer... What time are you planning on getting there? I was just looking for a registration form, but couldn't find anything or an entry fee....

-Will
Will,

This is a pretty informal show...barely one step up from a gathering at the local Starbucks. I don't recall there being any pre-registration forms, just filled out a waiver once there. To be honest, I don't recall if there was a fee, or what it was. It's not much, if there is one.

I didn't stay for the whole show, I rarely do. When I go, I try to get there as the field opens, in this case between 9:30 and 10, I think, just to get parked in a good spot.

There are no classes to be judged. No participant voting, as I recall. There MIGHT be some type of sponsor-chosen awards, but again, I didn't stay to find out.

Going this Sat. will be a game day decision, based on weather, a long shot going to Summit, maybe Leg one of the PALS event, or possibly going to the SCCA Solo event at FedEx Field.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for the info...

Weather permitting, of course, I am between this show and the Ferrari Gathering at Ladew Gardens... there may be some extremely rare cars at Ladew, although I don't think the roads to get there are very entertaining...

-W

·
Registered
103 Posts
cancelled...

In case anyone is still trying to go to this event, I just called and the event has been cancelled. I think the Ferrari show at Ladew is cancelled too... Looks like I've gone from 2 shows to 0... Rain probably won't let up significantly all day... argh.

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
In case anyone is still trying to go to this event, I just called and the event has been cancelled. I think the Ferrari show at Ladew is cancelled too... Looks like I've gone from 2 shows to 0... Rain probably won't let up significantly all day... argh.
So dark right now in Laurel due to rain clouds it looks like dusk...so wasn't planning on going anyway, but thanks for posting up.

Edit: The skies just opened up!!! Downside...no Lotus activities today. Upside...no yardwork either!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.