The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone going to be at the British Car Days car show on Brown's Island in Richmond VA on 9/19? I'll definitely be there, would love to see an Elise or two! It's a great event. Max.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 3-day event. First day (Friday) is just a dinner/meet and greet. Saturday is a cruise through the mountains and dinner/drink. Sunday is the show on beautiful Brown's Island right on the James River in Downtown Richmond (approximately the intersection of 4th and Canal St. will get you to the Island.

I've only gone to the show, since I dont own a British car (and of course this year I will be without my Elise!). They alsway have a featured Marque. The past few years have been Jaguar, Rolls, and Austin. Everyone gets to vote. There are always a couple of Deloreans, and usually a dozen or so beautiful Brit motorcycles. I very well-organized event, I look forward to it every year. Paul (Genjuro) any idea of your delivery date? I'd love to meet up. Max.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hmmm...web site on event???>>>

Might be worth a visit for one day...just couple hours down the road and would be a nice trip to break in the Elise...

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
My delivery date isn't going to be this month, unless I get lucky. If I get the car for some strange reason, then it will be there!

BTW, it's not Paul. ;)

·
Registered
549 Posts
maxxfish said:
Is anyone going to be at the British Car Days car show on Brown's Island in Richmond VA on 9/19? I'll definitely be there, would love to see an Elise or two! It's a great event. Max.
Need details..website or contact or something...any help would be appreciated!
Michael

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
www.cvbcc.com

(Central Virginia British Car Club). I'd love to see the Yelotus there, Michael!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Well...weather is right I and Ellen are looking to come down>>

The area they hold the event...was it hit by the floods of +week ago?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Michael,

I was down on Brown's Island yesterday, it's in great shape and was not affected by the flood. The Downtown area of Shockoe Bottom, however, did not do too well. 8 feet of water in some buildings! Max.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
The other problem for this event is Ivan... by the 19th what remains of Ivan will be right on top of Richmond.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bummed that there weren't any Elises, but it was the first nice day (and probably the most beautiful day of the year!) in ages. There was a red 1991 Elan, very underwhelming.

BUT...there was a gray Noble, absolutely awesome! It belonged to a guy in Richmond, I've never seen it on the road, and didn't get a chance to talk to him, but I was drooling all over it.

Cheers to the beautiful Austin Healys, V-12 Jags, and they guy with the jar of Grey Poupon on the dash of his Rolls!

There's a VMSC autocross in Richmond this coming weekend, it'll be my last with the MR-2, and then it goes on the selling block. Impatiently waiting for the Elise!!! Max.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Genjuro, what's your car's ETA? What are the specs? I'll trade you a few rounds of Legend Lager for a ride! Max

1 - 13 of 13 Posts