The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

British Car Festival 9/9 Palatine, IL

4K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  costlydakota 
#1 ·
Time for my favorite car show of the year - the British Car Festival. This Sunday 9/9 at Harper college in Palatine. Hundreds of British cars from just about every british make, and just about every road going lotus model. I can almost guarantee that there will be several cars you've never seen before and probably a couple you've never heard of. And the weather is always perfect.

http://britishcarunion.com/

#4 ·
I'll bet RT will go !!! ( It's close to her......! )

#5 ·
Says 74 and sunny and Bears don't play til 3:15. It's a GREAT time and gets an awesome turnout. Bentleys, Rolls, Jag, Aston, Triumph, Gt40 ( kinda British), DeLorean, MG, Mini, Lotus, Sunbeam, Morgans, Allard, Austin Healy and even some TVRs!

My highlights are the vintage Astons, the Allards, the beautiful Austin Healy Silverstone, the Morgan Aerosport and the guy with the shortened, yes shortened Mini. It's like 3 feet long!

It's really more of a vintage kinda vibe - the newer cars are the Loti, Aston, Bentley and a few Jags. Most are vintage.

I'll be there - with the Moke!

It's a great place to go for memorabilia - hats, stickers, tshirts, etc.

Rob - definitely worth your time!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.