The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haha, just found out I broke two carpet buttons.

One the male part is broken and one the male part is broken.

going to just put the non broken button on the non broken thread, but super glue the crap out of the two broken bits.

Unless someone has a better suggestion?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the part that the button screws on broke on one side =(

·
Registered
233 Posts
What is the safest method for removing the rivets from the floor without doing damage?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
does it punch through to the bottom of the car?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yes. The bottom of the car is where the female end of the carpet button is attached. Use aluminum rivets to put the new buttons in place. It's a ten minute job once you acquire the rivet tool, drill bit and aluminum rivets.

The good news is it's a permanent fix.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
The good news is that the replacement bottom piece comes with an aluminum rivet to be able to perform the entire replacement job.

·
Registered
323 Posts
The fasttoys option is pretty awesome. I have a set in green and are still unscratched with people stepping all over them.

·
user /tron
880 Posts
The good news is that the replacement bottom piece comes with an aluminum rivet to be able to perform the entire replacement job.
Where did you get them that came with rivets? Just got TTT bases and there are no rivets - which would really help given the weird size stickers.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Mylotusgarage.com has the oem plastic bases and rivets. They are not a normal rivet. The ones you get have a wide, round flange at the head where it goes through the button base. It covers more area in the base so it is less likely to break the base. My original base was also super glued.

Where did you get them that came with rivets? Just got TTT bases and there are no rivets - which would really help given the weird size stickers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts