The Lotus Cars Community banner

221 - 229 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Am I correct to assume this intake leak would need to occur between the throttle valves and the head? If so the possible spots I see would be:
-IAC line
-MAP sensor
-canister purge
-breather valve and 2 connections

I have checked all of these except the breather valve itself, blocking off the lines on the engine side of the connection.

The timing belt is centered on the cams, though it might be to one side at the crankshaft.

(I got all the V belts back on without difficulty. I guess they stretched out in the past 2 weeks.)

** any suggestions on the open electrical connection shown previously?

There is the tee from the intake to the fuel pressure regulator and the crank case breather under the charge cooler box.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
There is the tee from the intake to the fuel pressure regulator and the crank case breather under the charge cooler box.
I mistakenly called the tee the breather valve. I have blocked both sides of the tee but not tested the part which screws into the engine.

Any other possibilities? Is it correct to block on the engine side?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #224 (Edited)
I think I've run out of things to check in the inlet manifold which might cause this noise. It is definitely not the IAC hose. I've also pooled water around the injectors, with no change. If I remove the canister purge line near the thermostat, there is no change in the noise. I've had a couple of instances where the noise was gone at startup, but then reappeared after 5-10 s.

Could it be something in the flywheel area? EDIT: never mind - the sound is definitely from the front 1/2 of the engine.

221 - 229 of 229 Posts