The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I commute for work I have noticed a quite frightening car epidemic; Broken Turn Signal Epidemic. It seems that all the cars in front of me had broken turn signals. None of them seem to work when people change lanes. What's going on? Why is this happening? What can we do to fix this problem? :shrug:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Paintball

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Well, if you quit distracting drivers with your cute face, hot body and orange Lamborghini, that'd be a start. Check your avatar...

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Well, if you quit distracting drivers with your cute face, hot body and orange Lamborghini, that'd be a start. Check your avatar...
I believe she is just inspecting her turn signals

·
Registered
912 Posts
Dammit can't find the video clip of the family guy where the Asian woman changes 8 lanes with out signaling yelling "GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!!"

Edit: crappy quality.

Alex's Blog - Mobile FunBlog

·
Registered
331 Posts
Here in Houston, if you're fool enough to give a turn signal, other drivers speed up to cut you off

·
Registered
744 Posts
How do you expect people to use their turn signals when they have one hand on the phone and another hand on their Venti Sized Frappaccino, and steering the car with this stomach?

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How do you expect people to use their turn signals when they have one hand on the phone and another hand on their Venti Sized Frappaccino, and steering the car with this stomach?
In Cali you need to use handsfree devices now.

I really hope all of you guys signal here. I'm under the optimistic impression that if you set a good example for others they will follow and see the usefulness of it. I may start telling driver's their signals are broken when I can too. Just to give them a hard time. It's so annoying. It's illegal too.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Dammit can't find the video clip of the family guy where the Asian woman changes 8 lanes with out signaling yelling "GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!!"

Edit: crappy quality.

Alex's Blog - Mobile FunBlog
Oh Dude, I remember that clip, the girl sees so much traffic in the rear view and says goodluck, then just slides to the exit or something. HILARIOUS!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Just FYI, I steer with my knee. I raise with hand up in air during turns and stuff and scare the crap outta people. AWESHOME

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Here in Houston, if you're fool enough to give a turn signal, other drivers speed up to cut you off
+1

same thing with Maryland. If you give a turn signal be ready to miss your turn or exit and take the next one becuase thats what will happen. i usually turn my signal on miday through the lane change so it doesnt seem like i'm cutting the other person off..lol

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
And along with that...

Not only is there a Broken Turn Signal Epidemic, there is also a plague sweeping the highways that apparently prohibits drivers from turning the steering wheel to the right so as to leave the far left lane when they are traveling much slower than faster traffic behind them!! :thwack: :thwack:

Call it the "Stuck Steering, I can't leave the Fast Lane Syndrome" :wallbang:

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Not only is there a Broken Turn Signal Epidemic, there is also a plague sweeping the highways that apparently prohibits drivers from turning the steering wheel to the right so as to leave the far left lane when they are traveling much slower than faster traffic behind them!! :thwack: :thwack:

Regards,
Wayne
agreed...i hate that **** too. I usually start honking and flashing my lights so they get outa the way. Maryland drivers are the worst...our drivers test is a joke.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
hahaha... I was just watching shoot em up last night...
could always put those non signaling bastards into a parked car :D

I rarely find myself changing lanes(infact in only happens once a week) but I try to make sure I signal

what pissed me off last week... I was waiting to get over to the slow lane after just merging... and there isnt enough space for me to get over... but some crazy bitch in a pickup comes barreling up behind me till she is inches from my bumper(well really my rear windshield) in a truck and starts flashing me to get over... I got over(and I signaled) as soon as a could... but I should have just matched speed with the guy in the lane next to me just to piss the dumb bitch off or slammed on my brakes

·
Registered
582 Posts
So, you are the guys that drive at 100 for 10 seconds and then start hogging the fastest lane :)

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

Regards,
Wayne
Ya... that too, but I didn't want to start two threads last night and sound like I have a stick up my.... I was driving home at 8:30 pm last night on 101N and people were going 70 in the fast lane. I had to keep weaving around them. Don't they see the signs that say "Slower traffic move right"? :shrug:

I'm looking to move closer to work or picking up a 2nd place to deal with the commuting issues. I was not cut out for dealing with the real world traffic/driving problems.

·
Registered
744 Posts
In Cali you need to use handsfree devices now.

I really hope all of you guys signal here. I'm under the optimistic impression that if you set a good example for others they will follow and see the usefulness of it. I may start telling driver's their signals are broken when I can too. Just to give them a hard time. It's so annoying. It's illegal too.
I signal 100% of the time, ok maybe 99%. But it just becomes a habit. And I usually try to do it in advance to warn people of what I'm doing because other driver's aren't psychic. Unfortunately, other drivers think we're all psychic so I have to learn to read what they're intentions are by their driving characteristics. I've gotten pretty good at that but I still get pissed if someone doesn't signal. It's just good etiquette.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Ya... that too, but I didn't want to start two threads last night and sound like I have a stick up my.... I was driving home at 8:30 pm last night on 101S and people were going 70 in the fast lane. I had to keep weaving around them. Don't they see the signs that say "Slower traffic move right"? :shrug:

I'm looking to move closer to work or picking up a 2nd place to deal with the commuting issues. I was not cut out for dealing with the real world traffic/driving problems.
Most people's understanding is they're already going 5 mph over the speed limit, it means they're not "slower traffic" anymore. And plus, they've been teaching that if you go over the speed limit, you're going to spontaneously flip over, get in a car crash or simply die from excessive speed. I thought this was taught in school.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts