The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone interested in meeting up for brunch sunday morning?

I'll be staying with my best friend in the city this weekend, and we thought that a nice brunch with you guys would be awesome!

She is also very cute and single ;)

I'll have my elise, so we can drive wherever (preferably within an hours drive). Sine I'm not from the area, I cant offer many suggestions. So please, any ideas?

Hope to meet some new faces, and of course to see some familiar ones too (Kiyoshi, Matt, Larry, Larry, etc.)

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Sounds good!

Kiyoshi, does that pub in Half Moon Bay do brunch?

I can't think of many parking-friendly places...Mimi's cafe in Saratoga is good, but might be a bit far for them to drive.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I’m more familiar with the south bay. There Buck’s in Woodside or Hobee’s in Cupertino (lots of parking), Saratoga or Half Moon Bay all about a hour from the City. Think Kiyoshi knows more places on the peninsula , there was that spot in Foster City, last time. Hard to pass up meeting two single cuties. :)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
The place in Foster City was the same chain as the one on Campbell (I thought that was still Campbell, and not Saratoga) in the same shopping Center as the AMC theaters. (It's been a coupla years).

BTW, a certain wedgie just got "the call." She may show up with a certain yellow car if SMC gets "it" done tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
AW- Your right the Saratoga Mimi's cafe is part of the same chain as the other one.

If someone does end up showing up in a shinny new car, maybe we should try working in a little back road run?

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Actually, I think that Mimi's is in *San Jose*. That part of this area gets a little confusing.

A drive would be nice, that's why brunch in Half Moon Bay would be perfect! Although, Starting out at Mimi's in San Jose/Saratoga could be good too...puts us at the start of hwy 9, could take that up to Skyline and we could take that north to 92 for a fun drive.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
The place in HMB is Cameron's. They open at 11am on Sunday.

Depending upon when the "Wedgie" family is available we could meet mid-morning do a run and then end at Cameron's.

The place we met last time was Mimi's in Foster City, that worked fairly well.

Another alternative is a place in Woodside.

Gotta help MW get over her "break-up" and break-in the yellow thing!

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Deborah and I will be going to a Halloween party in the city saturday night, so we probably wont be able to wake up very early :)

We could do food then drive (probably better for me, as I'll need something to soak up the alcohol from the night before)

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
A good brunch place in Santa Cruz is Peachwood's, just north of Santa Cruz on highway 17. Great food, a true brunch spread, though a tad on the expensive side if you're just thinking breakfast (~$20, if memory serves).

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I'll be heading that way on sunday after I stop by the Oakland Coliseum [email protected] 9:00am. No runs yet since I'll only have around 700mi. on the clock.
Please post a time and place and I will be there with my new baby. I think that half moon bay would be great since I'll be headed over to highway1 anyway. I'm a little afraid to park the car out there though because I think someone may mistake it for a rather large pumpkin and try to load it into the back of their SUV!:p

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I should be able to make it too. Somewhere on the peninsula would be best for me, but I'm sure I could make it over to HMB if there are going to be a couple of cuties waiting at the end of the journey. MW, I don't suppose we could persuade you and your friend to show us your halloween costumes ;)

Keep me informed of where and when.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
We could do food then drive (probably better for me, as I'll need something to soak up the alcohol from the night before)
MW,
Name a time that you'd like to meet & how much time you have for eat & drive. I can suggest something that will fit into your schedule.

Kiyoshi

P.S. Remember you'll be in break-in... so vary the speed (between 80-125) on I5 and stay outta of the cam the 1st 600 miles. :D

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
If MW is partying the night before someplace a little closer to the city for brunch might be better. The Mimi’s in Foster City/ San Mateo is closer and easy to get to (off 92). It’s not too far away from Skyline/9/84 for a back road run. It might be a better central point for everyone...

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
11am would be perfect. No earlier please. Deb and I have all day after that...no rush there. Would prefer to meet someplace nearby a cool drive. HMB would be fine, but if inconvenient for everyone, we can meet closer.

Mimi's would be fine too. Actually, Deb's parents live right down the street from there...then her dad could take a look at some of these cool cars too. Might not be a bad idea. I'm only against it because its been done before, but I'm for it because I know where it is :)

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
LarryB said:
If MW is partying the night before someplace a little closer to the city for brunch might be better. The Mimi’s in Foster City/ San Mateo is closer and easy to get to (off 92). It’s not too far away from Skyline/9/84 for a back road run. It might be a better central point for everyone...
Pretty much what I was thinking...

We could meet at Mimi's, then up the hill to Skyline. Then follow Skyline (most of the bikes will be off the hill by then) down to Alice's at 84.

From there we can just about go in any direction to fit the schedule.

The long route would be 84 to La Honda, then down San Gregorio and left Stage Rd to Pescadero, then back-up the hill through Memorial Park and then right onto Alpine Rd back up to Skyline. Then drop down toward Palo Alto on Page Mill, a few more backroads and end up in Woodside.

Again all depends on how much time folks have...

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Guess we’ve got to pick the starting point HMB and Mimi in Foster City both have us near the start of Skyline. Either one is fine with me. Sounds like MW may have time for the long drive. For anyone who wants to cut it short 84 is a quick out to the freeway.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts