The Lotus Cars Community banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Update - tried Hobee's (Larry mentioned them at the beginning of the thread). Nice local chain.

The Hobee's in Cupertino said no reservation, we'd have to walk in.

The Hobee's in Sunnyvale says sure, no problem. The parking lot there is usually adequate but not my favorite...it's shared with a Motel 6 so there is a mixed crowd of cars there.

My vote at this point is for Hobee's in Sunnyvale. It's at Mathilda & 101.

Any other ideas? I'd like to get this resolved tonight so people can hopefully find out in time!

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Oh, and if we did this in Sunnyvale, a suggested drive would be DeAnza to hwy 9, hwy 35 North, 84 west, 1 north, 92 east.

Ideas?

Does anyone know of places near the Foster City Mimi's that we should try instead? If so, can you please call and ask if they can accomodate a group of 25 for an 11:30/11:45 breakfast tomorrow?

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Could Mimi's handle a couple of groups of say 12 each? Santa Cruz would be a good 35-45min more drive time for MW, don't think it''s all that close for anyone. Could be a backup.

Hobee's in Cupertino can get pretty busy. The one in Sunnyvale is easy to get to. But like you said not very good parking.

I'd vote for giving Mimi's another shot for 2-3 smaller groups. Maybe stagger the time a bit. Otherwise either Hobee's.

On the drive from Hobee's the route is find. Foster City Mimi's is about 5 miles from 92 so we'd just be starting from the North end.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
MW says:
"It's more importznt to meet than to eat.

The FC Mimi's is centrally located and has a large parking lot -- part of the Target shopping Center.

We can go from there to anywhere to do our drive. "

She's begging off the extra expense of $21+ (tough for a grad student with a huge, newly forged hole in her bank balance and credit margin).

"Perhaps make arrangement for a smaller group to eat and the rest just to meet, (maybe bring some muffins to kill appetites), and then go from there?"

"Whatever happened to the mid-day drive aspects of this meet anyways?" :)

Anyway, Lil's buddy Deb is from Foster City and Lil's checking now with her about other venues and options. She says she'll get back to me soon so I can update this thread ASAP. Please stay tuned.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
LarryB said:

I'd vote for giving Mimi's another shot for 2-3 smaller groups. Maybe stagger the time a bit. Otherwise either Hobee's.

Foster City Mimi's is about 5 miles from 92 so we'd just be starting from the North end.
Lil echoes this and adds that there's a Starbucks sharing the same parking lot, so those with smaller appetites could eat there while staying within near radius of the whole group.

AW observes:
Kinda like a Crystal Cove North, but without the occasional large herd of Esprits. ;)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Lillie offered to call to make additional reservations there, but it needs to be coordinated so that we don't overbook.

What's the phone # for Mimi's. Lil says she'll request a reservation for 8 in another voice. Then Matt and Larry can do the same. If that's okay, then let's do it.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
LarryB said:
Okay, booked for 9 at 11:30. AW check your PM.
Thanks Larry...

I think Mimi's will give us the flexibility we need. Those that want something light can get a coffee and roll, those hungry can munch out. And, I don't see a problem with 2 or more tables.

Wow!!! Where did 23 come from? :clap:

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Kiyoshi- MW is going to book for another 8. Could you or Matt try for another 8 maybe for early birds, 11:15?

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Ok, we stick with Mimi's in FC! Thanks everyone for helping sort this out quickly.

Larry, 11:15? I'm up for that, but I wonder if there'll be anyone else there that early? If anyone is interested in eating at 11:15, lemme know and I'll call it in (would like to get a headcount for those).

With the Starbucks there, that'll be perfect, as AW pointed out!

If MW can book 8, Larry has 9, I think that'll cover everyone who shows up on time. Maybe we do one additional table for the early birds (see above), and stragglers can either latch onto a larger group or go to Starbucks.

·
Registered
770 Posts
So which Mimi's Cafe are we going to?

There is no Mimi's in Foster City according to maps.yahoo.com

The closest to FC is one in San Mateo.
Is this the one:

Mimi's Cafe Web Site
Address: 2208 Bridgepointe Pkwy, San Mateo, CA 94404
Phone: (650) 574-8767

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
apkom said:
So which Mimi's Cafe are we going to?

There is no Mimi's in Foster City according to maps.yahoo.com

The closest to FC is one in San Mateo.
Is this the one:

Mimi's Cafe Web Site
Address: 2208 Bridgepointe Pkwy, San Mateo, CA 94404
Phone: (650) 574-8767
Yup, that's the one... It's a San Mateo address, but most people think it's FC cuz it's on the east side of 101.

For directions in an earlier post on this thread.

·
Registered
347 Posts
And don't forget about Daylight Savings Time change.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Since I only have one person voting for 11:15, I'll phone in for six people at 11:30. If enough people show up early, maybe we could get them to seat us anyway.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Summary, for those of you new to the group:

11:30 - 6 people. Contact: MattG (wearing a black Lotus Sports polo shirt). NOTE - will try to get seated earlier if enough people have arrived.

11:30 - 9 people - LarryB. Driving a red MR2, probably.

11:40 - 8 people - Modern Wedgie (Lillie). Saffron Yellow Elise.

Remember, there's a Starbucks in the same shopping center as another option.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
We'll show for 11:30
see ya there.

-doma

edt: fix time typo

61 - 80 of 87 Posts