The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2 days my wife and I fly out to Buffalo to pickup my first lotus and we fully intend to make the 2700mi drive back within 4 days.
I have shipped a tool bag to the pickup location with enough to disassemble the elise, have gps, radar, gopro, small pillows, etc in my carry on, so I think we are prepared enough.

Just wanted to say, wish us luck! We will be mobbing all the way back on i90.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Should be a great trip. I have driven across country many times (not in the Lotus) and have learned to make that trip in a week or more.

So many beautiful things to see on and off the highway. Mountains, twisty roads, epic valleys. I refuse to drive during the night after I have gone back through areas that I only saw by headlight

I travel to a lot of countries, but I have to admit, I somehow forget how majestic and beautiful of a country we have

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I totally like with night driving. While it is tiring, one sees many interesting and sometimes strange things.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Have fun! I drove from Virginia to Bothell, WA last June with my Dad. We did it in 2 days (the time zones are in our favor) non stop driving and alternating our naps. It was a crazy long weekend and amazing to think that two days prior we were on the other side of the country. Montana was the worst because it was our 2nd night driving in a row, a bit delirious and we had to watch for animals/tire blowouts from semi trucks.

Be safe and bring lots of cash for tolls/turnpikes in the Ohio and Chicago area.... trust me. haha

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I did a trip in my Elise from Toronto to Seattle and back last summer. Everything went well.

I would suggest that you avoid night driving if you can. If you were to hit some road debris in an Elise it can cause a lot of damage.

Bring a long sleeved shirt if you want to avoid sunburn on your arm.

Have a great trip, you are going to enjoy this one!

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I-90 will be a blast. You'll enjoy blasting through Idaho and western Montana. Then it gets boring in the Dakota's, so bring a radar detector and blow through there.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I-90 will be a blast. You'll enjoy blasting through Idaho and western Montana. Then it gets boring in the Dakota's, so bring a radar detector and blow through there.
Borrowed a buddies V1, so all good there. Not looking forward to the Dakotas for sure, but NY-IL and ID-WA are nice runs. Should be a good time.

91MR2 - Yes, that's the one. It seems like Andrew has taken good care of it and I have big plans for the car. It will be well taken care of.

Brando, we will be shift driving after staying one night in the Chicago area (well maybe a bit past it).

·
Registered
137 Posts
The freeways from Chicago and east are packed with traffic and tolls. Have you considered starting out north through Canada?

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
The freeways from Chicago and east are packed with traffic and tolls. Have you considered starting out north through Canada?
I was on those Canadian roads last summer. The speed limit is about 90 km/hr on some of them. I think you would make better time on the US roads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts