The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been posted B4. But I am not to computer literate and I could not find the thread. Can anybody tell me how long it is taking from Build Date to actual delivery.

They told me my build date is in November and I am in Florida.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Had a Sept bulid date (think it was mid-month). My car made it into port yesterday. About 10-14 more days before delivery - early/mid Nov. Don't think the east coast ports are as backed up and the boat can make it there a good week early, so they may be a good two weeks quicker.

My guess late Dec or early Jan for you.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
tomasp77 said:
I know this has been posted B4. But I am not to computer literate and I could not find the thread. Can anybody tell me how long it is taking from Build Date to actual delivery.

They told me my build date is in November and I am in Florida.

'Nov. build
date' can be a bit deceiving. Your car
may begin its build process as late as
Nov, 30th. At best, then, you'd be in line for an end of Dec. delivery and end of Jan 'at worst'. Remember that cars coming off the line must pass an extensive inspection. Any problems might result in a bit of a delay concerning release from Hethel that would be added to the above scenarios.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a build date of Oct. 18 and live in Florida, as well. I am told that the car will be to around the second week in December. The line is six weeks but closer to 8. I was also told that shipping problem has been corrected. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
It will be very interesting to discover what build date MWs SY has. She's scheduled to pick it up this afternoon, but it has a VIN less than 340.

I'd bet subscribers to this thread would love to discover the explanation for this oddity. I know I can hardly wait to discover the build date and calculate the time the car was held up.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Hey Gil,
My VIN is in the mid 700s, and I was told that the boat was scheduled to hit our shores by Decemeber. However, the port delays and trucking delays make this somewhat sketchy and it wouldn't surprise me if it was delayed significantly. I know people who have VINs in the 500s that have yet to be delivered.

Maybe we should figure out who has the highest VIN delivered so far. Lillie's VIN seems pretty low.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am in LA and was told that my car shipped on October 16th (ish).

Time line as follows
- 30 days on the water
- 1 week for offload
- 1 week to truck it to the prep facility
- 1 to 2 days for prep
- 1 day from there to the dealership.

Am expecting to get the call around Dec. 1.

Jason

1 - 11 of 11 Posts