The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it normal for the dealer to call when they get the build date on your car? i hate to keep calling dealer to get the same info " end of oct ". i have been trying to call once a month or less. but if im going to get car by end of oct shouldnt i have recieved a "build date" by now?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Got my Nov build date confirmed yesterday, but I had to e-mail my salesman to find the date as I do every two weeks or so. Every time I call and I get info he always says, "I was just about to call you..." and then gives me the info (that I usually already know from ET).

Squeaky wheel usually gets the grease. I just try to ask something different each time.:)

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
_JD_ said:
Squeaky wheel usually gets the grease. I just try to ask something different each time.:)
Squeaky wheel gets the Elise as long as it is not TOO squeaky...

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
_JD_ said:
Agreed. I try not to be a nuisance- there's a fine line there though.
Same here and it is difficult to know where that line is.

If you don't call to check in once and a while they may get the idea that you are not that interested...

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
_JD_ said:
Agreed. I try not to be a nuisance- there's a fine line there though.
thats what im trying to avoid. informal poll how often does everyone call? just state the obvious we wouldnt have to call if------------

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I only call once every couple of weeks, but I e-mail more frequently since they can answer those at their leisure.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
hogfan said:
is it normal for the dealer to call when they get the build date on your car? i hate to keep calling dealer to get the same info " end of oct ". i have been trying to call once a month or less. but if im going to get car by end of oct shouldnt i have recieved a "build date" by now?
I thought my constant calls to my dealer had gotten across the point that I wanted info as soon as they heard it, so I stopped calling every week. In return, they didn't call me when they were invoiced for the car, I found out several days later when I called them. Lesson here is, don't expect any communication other than asking you to place your order, and telling you the car is ready to be picked up. If you want to know more, call them.

My dealer had new information on Fridays typically.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I've called a few times in the last 10 months. I only call when I want to know something specific. I don't see the point of pestering the guys at the dealership. Aaron called me to schedule a test drive of the LSS car when it was broken in because he knew that I wanted to check it out. If he has anything else to tell me he'll call me about that as well. I've been thrilled with my treatment at AutoEurope.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
nxm150 said:
Anyone know what day of the week the weekly updates are sent out?
At the Tech Session at LOG Clyde spoke to about 50-60 folks in the room and said the weekly report to dealers goes out Monday or Tuesday.

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
khamai said:
At the Tech Session at LOG Clyde spoke to about 50-60 folks in the room and said the weekly report to dealers goes out Monday or Tuesday.

Kiyoshi
Despite the updates, I suspect that not every report to each dealer will have new information each and every week. They may go several weeks before they see new information udpated on their list. Just a symptom of a small company building a car by hand and how they are rotating through the lists. (I can't believe I used the small company/hand built excuse) What's wrong with me.?:confused:

Just speculation on my part. You think it's plausible?

Edit:

Hogfan,

On second thought I think your dealership is trying to break you by withholding information so that you'll drop off the list thereby freeing them to sell the car at market (assuming you have msrp agreement).

By the way...;)

Attachments

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
huggy bear said:
Despite the updates, I suspect that not every report to each dealer will have new information each and every week. They may go several weeks before they see new information udpated on their list. Just a symptom of a small company building a car by hand and how they are rotating through the lists. (I can't believe I used the small company/hand built excuse) What's wrong with me.?:confused:

Just speculation on my part. You think it's plausible?

Edit:

Hogfan,

On second thought I think your dealership is trying to break you by withholding information so that you'll drop off the list thereby freeing them to sell the car at market (assuming you have msrp agreement).

By the way...;)
just called my dealer and it jives with your first assumption they said they hadnt got any new build date info in several weeks. now as for them ugly horns i saw enuf of them last saturday. WE WANT A REMATCH. and if jones fumbles again aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Now you feel the pain we felt last year when you guys came to town and beat us.;)

What up with your fans cheering when our players get injured? Even Oklahoma fans don't do that to us. :mad:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
huggy bear said:
Now you feel the pain we felt last year when you guys came to town and beat us.;)

What up with your fans cheering when our players get injured? Even Oklahoma fans don't do that to us. :mad:
if we did thats unacceptable and i appologize!!!! but i was there and actually do not recall that happening. not to say it didnt but that kid of stuff pisses me off and i didnt notice it.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Don't applogize for the morons, I'm sure you weren't doing anything like that. We have idiot fans too but it just seemed like there were MANY hogs cheering the injuries.

Regardsless it was an exciting game!

Back to the car. What color/options did you order?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
co, touring, hard top, and that 3m crap wahtever it is supposed to get in oct ha ha. we must be the only ones left in the forum. only got 1 hour of work to go. how about you

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
been doing my defensive driving online while at work that's why i'm still around. slow friday, no meetings. :D

i chickened out and ordered ST, touring, sport pack. now i'm wavering on the color. the yellow, magnetic blue and red are now calling me. too late though. i already ordered.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts