A noteworthy tip on the bulkhead tightening procedure. If the bolt is long enough into the engine compartment through the bulkhead as mine was, I jam nutted them tight to prevent them from loosening again, also, I don't know if your V8 has an access hole in the carpet, but I had my upholstry guy make nice access holes in my carpets when he redid them in black a few years ago so I could access them easily if needed.
Mine didn't either Travis, just a bolt and the nut on the engine compartment side. Not even a load spreading plate.. I added a 1/8" thick "shim" that I cut grooves in to slide behind the bolt head to help spread the torque out better against the plywood bulkhead laminate.
Cut your flap 1.5" above and below the bolt location; there are six retaining screws to remove... Assuming you have the reinforcement plate; heard older models do not have the plate, just the bolts and tubes.
Finished this project and gave it a test ride. I'm impressed with the change. It feels very refined now; a definite incremental improvement. With the new Michelin PS2's, poly bushes, new springs, Protech dampers and now this mod it drives as new, very tight; Although I must say its a bit squirrelly when braking and tends to have problems staying centered.
One odd thing I have noticed (before this mod); when pulling away from a curb, turning sharply left, or turning sharply left and pulling into a parking space, it feels like something is binding, kind of like when my Tundra is in 4 wheel drive; wants to wheel hop. I'm guessing I need an alignment (toe in/out is out of wack).