The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suspect I’ve got a boost problem but have gone through almost every system without any smoking gun.

Does anyone have a boost gauge connected to their SC Elise, and can you tell me what the max boost you’re seeing in the heat of the summer? Has the boost changed/do you see it change with outside temp?

-I’m seeing about 5psi but had seen 7psi with a different gauge during the winter.

Has anyone logged MAF readings at wide open throttle and what were the readings?

Have you been to Bandimere and what times did you run and what were your trap speeds?

-I was running a consistent 14.6 in the mid 90 mph

Would anyone be interested in doing any dyno runs if I decide to re-dyno my car. Does anyone have a shop they would recommend in a 40 mile radius of Boulder? (the Super Rupair guy is moving his shop right now)

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Don't have a boost gauge, but I dyno'd at 220hp yesterday in my Elise.

I will hook up my OBD-II and tell you what I see over my MAF later today at WOT.

(I had my dyno done at MAC Autosport, in Parker, really nice bunch of guys, family operated.)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car is healthy... Dyno'd 219hp / 142 tq

I ended up going to MAC Autosport in South Denver and wouldn't hesitate to return. They have an AWD Dynojet 248/224. The girl answering the phones wasn't very helpful with directions but the guy running the dyno did a good job.

I ended up doing 6 passes and swapping out ECU's twice.

The guy running the dyno was very careful about getting the car strapped down safely and without damaging anything. He was nervous about some observed AFR's and backed out of my first pass just to make sure I was ok with everything.

He didn't rush me as I was self tuning, and even offered up a few tools that I didn't bring.

He allowed me to check my curves against the other similar cars in their database and emailed me my run files.

In the end he charged my for 1 hour of "self tune" time which cost me all of $105.

They appear to be a family run shop with a few NASA prepared cars as well as some Japanese tuners.

A great experience well worth the long drive south, I would go again and would recommend to a friend.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Interesting & thanks for the recommendation guys - I'm going to setup an appointment with MAC Autosport to get my cars dyno'd.

tempaccount - Did you find the fault, or was it running good all along?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The missing boost was likely a combo of bypass valve and bad gauge. I also picked up some power by switching to a Charlie X ECU.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Glad you got your issue resolved. Are you driving in Pueblo with FAAST on 11 Sept?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Demonized, the track can be intimidating but if you take your time finding your limits and go to a safe venue (HPR) the risks are lower than the canyons. There are quite a few of us in the community that go to the track on a regular basis that would be happy to provide ride alongs and instruction (I would be happy to help anyone).

Mike, I haven’t decided yet if I’ll be attending Pueblo (I assume you will be attending). It would turn my 4 day work week into a 3 day and I’m not sure my buddies and their support vehicles (my tires don’t fit in the Elise) will have their cars ready for that event. If I don’t hit Pueblo I’ll be going to HPR soon.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Yes, I'm headed down to Pueblo. It will probably be my last event for the season.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts