The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,865 Posts
FYI - if you're a stickler for exactness, the font in that current eBay offering is different than the one in the movie. To me, it doesn't look like a 'bold' font.
'flopshotgolf' and my stickers have a font that is very close to the original, but the 'a' is slightly different.

Doesn't matter to me, but was a little surprised that someone pointed it out. Compare in the photos below.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Burg protect = manual tranny. So true.
As for the GLOCK comment.....yup, that's the one for the rest of us to display

·
Super Moderator
3,865 Posts
Oh, I get the reference...just making another joke. Where do you think my Esprit affair started (like many more)? Carole Bouquet also made a lasting impression, tbh.
The guy who sold me my late 88 Esprit - he was an American muscle car guy (owned 8 cars!) but picked up the Esprit on a whim - knew nothing about the car. He bought it for $16K in 2009, tried 2 weeks later to flip it for $27K. 3 years later he sells it to me for $16.5K in 2011. He enjoyed the car, but had zero knowledge about Lotus history. Just wasn't sure which camp you were in. You'd be amazed the occasional Esprit buyer that pops up here that isn't aware of the car's pop icon history.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts