The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm driving around in flip flops from detailing my car and I burnt my foot! The footwells get really really hot! Is this normal? I assume it's from the oil coolers/radiators (early '05)!?!? Either way just something else that keeps my A/C from doing its job in this 109degree weather in AZ. Maybe the sqeak from going over bumps will distract me! :) -JD

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
I have a solution:)
I'm driving around in flip flops from detailing my car and I burnt my foot! The footwells get really really hot! Is this normal? I assume it's from the oil coolers/radiators (early '05)!?!? Either way just something else that keeps my A/C from doing its job in this 109degree weather in AZ. Maybe the sqeak from going over bumps will distract me! :) -JD

·
Registered
582 Posts
I drive in flip flops all the time, never happened to me.
I did mess up my foot while walking with F1 boots, never walk in those boots. Miu Miu my ass.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Wow... 99% of the time I am in flip flops or at least open toe shoes. This has never happened to me.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Waiting for the "this thread is worthless without pictures of XXX's feet comment."

Come on guys, don't let me down.
:huh: I've never understood the whole foot fetish thing. That and don't you think it's a little awkward to ask someone for picture like that?

yeah...

·
Registered
582 Posts
Dude, I wouldnt fight it, I've started to go with it now. Yay foot fetish.

My theory is that foot fetish people are actually gay coz they like looking at shoes (in tripleX's case, really really expensive shoes).

Now that I've hurt the entire foot fetish community at LT, I'll check this thread tomorrow morning :D

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I drive with no shoes, and my feet never get hot. You may have a problem. What is your engine tempature when your feet are getting burned?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I sometimes drive barefoot, and have not really noticed it. Until this week-end, I drove my son to best buy to get the Lil Wayne cd, and we decided to run through the canyons. While I did not notice it in regular driving conditions, when I ran the car up Rockstore, down Encinal and up Mulholland and down decker, it was really hot against the front portion of the floor boards. My though was that it is from the coolant, oil and air condition fluid running through the front of the car.

Therefore under cooler driving conditions it may not be noticeable, but under warmer/ hotter driving conditions it is.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I noticed it during the heat of the day, I'll have to check the engine temp when it shows. I'm glad someone is taking it seriously tho. :)

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Wow... 99% of the time I am in flip flops or at least open toe shoes. This has never happened to me.
Waiting for the "this thread is worthless without pictures of XXX's feet comment."

This thread is worthless without pictures of AgentTripleX's feet.

I wouldn't want to let anyone down. Or miss out on more pics of XXX's feet.

·
Registered
417 Posts

O.K., .........Johnny B.............................

You talked me into it...............................................

What you you think ?????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Might I be the only one who thinks that driving barefoot or with flip flops is potentially dangerous?

(my concern regards how much pressure can be applied to a brake pedal with a bare foot or a foot shod only in flip flops, vs. regular shoes or sneakers)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Might I be the only one who thinks that driving barefoot or with flip flops is potentially dangerous?

(my concern regards how much pressure can be applied to a brake pedal with a bare foot or a foot shod only in flip flops, vs. regular shoes or sneakers)
:( Oh....how sad.......I guess I'll put my shoes back on then....... :(

·
Registered
369 Posts
I noticed it during the heat of the day, I'll have to check the engine temp when it shows. I'm glad someone is taking it seriously tho. :)
Most of these guys only have 1 thing on the brain, after cars.

Then they wonder were all the lotus female drivers are, we all drove (not ran) for the hills.

About 10% of this is site provides a form for good technical information, the next 10% is humorous, and the rest is crap.

My engine temp was fine running in the 180 to 190 range, RPM in the 4-6k range. I tend to run in a lower gear when driving the canyon for acceleration and engine compression purposes that is when I notice the heat.

The funny note when I was driving with my son his run through the canyon, he was half giggling and then asked is this is suppose to be fun, I asked him if he wanted me to slow down and I did, and then took the less curvery route. He still laughed when I had other cars pull to the side of the road to let me pass. But what surprised me was he asked which car I like to drive the lotus or the ferrari, I told him it depends on the drive, he said the lotus was more fun. (But he did not like the curves:huh:).

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts

I used to drive my my Porsches barefoot, but when I've tried the Lotus it was too painful. The reason I preferred to drive barefoot was because I felt I actually had better grip.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts

She's got a lot nicer part of her body to look at than her feet. But whatever floats your boat.

I don't think it would be appropriate for me to post pics. -poke-

·
Registered
413 Posts
I've gotten burned when driving barefoot - it was a hard drive up Mt Hamilton, and it was 100F or so that day, though. The engine temp was 208F or so... I think its more a matter of how hard your radiator is working to cool things down.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts