The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i'm a newbie to the lotus community as i about to put a deposit down for an 08 exige s next week. However i am struggling to choose between the 2 oranges. I have seen the burnt in person and it does look sweet, especially in the sunlight, however all you guys seem to love the chrome but i've never clapped my eyes on one in person. All views and opinions are much appreciated. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
well I hope you are getting an S240
a burnt orange exige S is about the same price as a chrome orange S240 :p
its really a matter of personal taste when it comes to color... that and size of your wallet ;)

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
:sheep: co of course

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
CO has traditionally been revered as the best color put on any car ever. However the burnt orange is a very nice color. You have a tough decision my friend. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Hahahhahaha.........umm... seems to me, you're asking the wrong people; cuz us CO guys are ONLY going to have ONE answer ! rotfl:sheep::sheep::sheep:

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have seen both next to each other and MY personal preference was for the Burnt Orange. Just a nicer richer color.

Others may have different opinions.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Saw Burnt Orange the other day and I really love this color. I liked the Chrome Orange when it first came out but it quickly became played out so if it was me, it'd be BO :drool:

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
CO has traditionally been revered as the best color put on any car ever.
Yep. what he said. On the other hand, we don't need any more great looking Chrome Orange cars, so get the Burnt Orange instead.

·
Registered
391 Posts
BO I saw it next to a CO and the BO has way more depth. Dealer told me that the BO is actually a Lambo paint code (not sayaing it is just what I was told) I went with BO.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
hey guys i'm a newbie to the lotus community as i about to put a deposit down for an 08 exige s next week. However i am struggling to choose between the 2 oranges. I have seen the burnt in person and it does look sweet, especially in the sunlight, however all you guys seem to love the chrome but i've never clapped my eyes on one in person. All views and opinions are much appreciated. :shrug:

They enjoy CO because it's been around for a few years now and they all have one. BO is new. CO can look a tad cheap up close because it looks like the flakes are sprinkled on like an ice cream cone, but BO seems to be pearlescent and more mature. I like both colors, but I'd choose BO.

·
Registered
191 Posts
co is co.
mehh

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
You'll be happy with either one, but I vote for BO, more unique (as if these cars werent unique enough already)

·
Registered
259 Posts
sonicshow.jpg

I love my Chrome Orange Exige. (I found this photo of MY car on Flickr.com) :D

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
CO is the most revered color....agreed.

That being said, I would get burnt orange as it is more unique...pics of it look amazing.

·
Registered
391 Posts
One other note about Burnt Orange, it is used in the school colors of Clemson University, Virginia Tech, Auburn University, and The University of Texas at Austin. So if one of those is your schools or has one of your favorite college teams you gotta go with Burnt Orange.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts