The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys great forum, im about ready to pull the trigger on a new lotus and am thinking of Burnt Orange (not Chrome - its too much for me).

Can you post up pics of your BO cars and experiences with that color please?

So stone chipping easily? Impossible to repair / touch up ?

Many thanks

Y :up::up::up:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Lotus water based paint job is the thinnest, weakest paint ever created. When bugs splat on the front lip of the car, the paint chips. I dont have starshield, and it shows... but I dont have that ugly starshield seam though!

·
Registered
705 Posts
I just got an 08 with 4000 miles on it. The paint is in great condition thanks to the starshield although there are imperfections in the paint job itself, like little bubbling in certain areas. Overall I love the color and as long as you have the starshield you should be fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
how are you getting on with your BO squidward? any regrets?
BO is a great color. Don't really have much to say about it as there's really nothing magical about it over any other color besides maybe it's ability to make $3000 disappear from your pocket :). (it's a premium color)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looking good there heavyweight ... mines going on a new V6 exige :)

@Squidward - just heard that its a really thin paint and has its problems.... those like you are well informed to advise.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
The paint on my car has been no different from any car I've owned. Has its occasional collection of chips over the two years I've had the car. Nothing unusual or particular about this paint I could mention.

How long it lasts depends entirely on how often you maintain it. My paint is rarely dirty despite it being an outdoor vehicle.

·
Registered
389 Posts
only get Burnt Orange if you want a lot of comments like "Wow I love that color" or "Wow I love that color" or "Wow I love that color".
I seem to get that comment alot.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts