The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys great forum, im about ready to pull the trigger on a new lotus and am thinking of Burnt Orange (not Chrome - its too much for me).

Can you post up pics of your BO cars and experiences with that color please?

So stone chipping easily? Impossible to repair / touch up ?

Many thanks

Y :up::up::up:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Interestingly, I have no problems with stone chipping on my Evora at all, while my GTR is speckled over the whole front. Both cars are driven a lot and fast, Evora even a bit more. I wonder if this is because of the glass fibre body.

However I have chosen chrome orange because while burnt orange looks great in the sun, I don't like it when the sun does not shine directly onto the car.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Hi guys great forum, im about ready to pull the trigger on a new lotus and am thinking of Burnt Orange (not Chrome - its too much for me).

Can you post up pics of your BO cars and experiences with that color please?

So stone chipping easily? Impossible to repair / touch up ?

Many thanks

Y :up::up::up:
Did you get pricing on the BO? If so, do you mind if I ask what the up charge is? I know the CO is $3,200 and I seem to remember hearing or reading that the factory can only put out one BO a month due to some special handling required for that paint application.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Interestingly, I have no problems with stone chipping on my Evora at all, while my GTR is speckled over the whole front. Both cars are driven a lot and fast, Evora even a bit more. I wonder if this is because of the glass fibre body.

However I have chosen chrome orange because while burnt orange looks great in the sun, I don't like it when the sun does not shine directly onto the car.
I was wondering about this. So the BO loses it's luster and looks completely different when in the shade or at night? I keep going back and forth on what color I'd like, CO or BO. This week it's CO.

I know! I'll just get one of each!!! rotfl

·
Registered
396 Posts
"Any colour - so long as it's black." - Henry Ford :D

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I'm biased now, I prefer co, but the Bo cars tend to have some nice subtle shadowing on the curves that gives the rear "shoulder" a dramatic look

·
Illegal Alien
4,773 Posts
Burnt Orange, no mater what mark up its worth it. I still carry one as my screen saver.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Burnt Orange looks nice in the sun, but looks quite dull in the shade. Chrome looks awesome all the time, although can be a bit 'in your face' at times.. They are surprisingly close though..

Burnt out of sunlight

Both

·
Registered
425 Posts
Thank you. My Canyon Red is way too close to aggies, but I'm dealing with it, knowing no aggie would be smart enough to buy an Evora.

I'm a Green/Gold fan, but not on a car.
Offended :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts