The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
_JD_ said:
looks fake.
I think he's behind the bus. It's very 2D looking ...

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Gromit said:
I think he's behind the bus. It's very 2D looking ...
To me it looks like the guy did the running in a blue room and then superimposed that over car/bus video. Looks like a college video assignment or some such

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Don't try this at home, boys and girls...

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
the bus was really there.

he was really there.

they were not in the same place at the same time.

very easy composite to do - 10 minute job.

Looks cool though. ;)

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
It doesn't look like his foot steps leave a "water" mark on the ground after stepping in the water puddle...

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
His shoe did leave a water mark on the ground on the way back after he clearly stepped in the damp area by the puddle. (He stepped over it on the way to the street.)

Note the length of shadows. His shadow, and that of some of the poles, are long. The shadow of the bus is short (near veritical), as are some other poles. Really looks like a super-imposing job, and definitely different times of day - much more than 10 minutes. (IMHO)

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
ChrisH said:
Really looks like a super-imposing job, and definitely different times of day - much more than 10 minutes. (IMHO)
really, it's not that hard. You get a shot of a bus going by, you wait for the road to clear, you run out there & jump on the ground.

...then you come back to a computer with a decent compositing package, roto out everything but you in the running picture, put it on top of the bus shot (timed appropriatly), erase yourself around the bus tires when it drives over & lower the lighting on you when the bus is on top of you.

This is like "My First Rotoscope" - looks hard if you've never done it before, but it ain't. ;)

... ok, maybe it's more like an hour job, but still, we're not talking rocket science. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts