The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was taking my son to day-care this morning and while driving through my neighborhood I see a late '90's white Jeep Cherokee coming the other way. Keep in mind this is a middle/upper-middle class neighborhood. As it gets closer I see that there's a teenager driving with his hat on sideways, a big gold chain around his neck and he's scrunched down, leaning to his left with one hand propped on top of the steering wheel. He had a similarly dressed companion in the passenger seat, too. I just busted out rotfl.

Let me check the calendar.....no, it's not Halloween. And it's a few days till April fools' day. Maybe they were trying to beat the rush.

Does anyone still think this is in style?? :shrug:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Does anyone still think this is in style?? :shrug:
You'd be surprised!!

I bet there's a comment on another forum that goes something like this......

Yo, check this out. I was taking my homeboy to college this morning and while driving through my neighborhood I see a mid 00's Lotus Elise coming the other way. Keep in mind this is a middle/upper-middle class neighborhood. As it gets closer I see that there's a middle-aged guy driving with his hat on straight, a shirt and tie on and he's sat up straight in his seat straight, with both hands on the steering wheel. He had a young kid similarly dressed in the passenger seat, too. I just busted out rotfl.

Let me check the calendar.....no, it's not Halloween. And it's a few days till April fools' day. Maybe they were trying to beat the rush.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'd be surprised!!

I bet there's a comment on another forum that goes something like this......

Yo, check this out. I was taking my homeboy to college this morning and while driving through my neighborhood I see a mid 00's Lotus Elise coming the other way. Keep in mind this is a middle/upper-middle class neighborhood. As it gets closer I see that there's a middle-aged guy driving with his hat on straight, a shirt and tie on and he's sat up straight in his seat straight, with both hands on the steering wheel. He had a young kid similarly dressed in the passenger seat, too. I just busted out rotfl.

doubt it. Especially since I was driving the mini van.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
It was an attempt at humor!

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
doubt it. Especially since I was driving the mini van.
Na, they were probably laughin about the guy driving the minivan who was staring at them. "Yo homie, that poor sucker is rollin in a minivan and wishin he was us!"

:D Don't worry, I drive the minivan occasionally also. :eek::p

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
One of my reporters, who is African-American, uses the term 'wigger' to describe what you saw.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know. I view clothing as part of a culture. I don't see two white kids whose mommy and daddy work at Mayo and IBM in Rochester, MN, as part of that culture. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts