The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Well, I just completed my fourth track day ever. Tim, Jack and Cade helped teach me the track. I have a lot of improvements to make. One of my biggest challenges was just a simple left hand turn on the last corner of the track. Definitely could have knocked off a full second just taking that turn better.

Any other constructive critism is welcome. Just want to thank everyone for their help over the weekend. Had a great time and looking forward to the Streets of Willow!

Doug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww1aCeHTTjM

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ww1aCeHTTjM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ww1aCeHTTjM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Doug, thats a very strong time for only 4 track days. it took me i'll bet 10-15 days at BW running 13CW and too many track days to count to go under 2:10. it makes me realise what a slow learner i am. carl

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very cool video Cade and Brandon! BTW, I got some footage for Brandon...how should I get it to him?

Carl, thank you for the complement. I have to say that you helped me too! Remember that day you hosted everyone at your place to learn about alignments? Well, I went home that day and set up my car the way you told me to! Guess it worked pretty well.

Will we see you at any of the Series events?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Oh, ok. I have some stuff that we haven't gotten after yet. I'll try to get to that this week. You just want to see my hot lap of the time trial, or anything in particular?

Cade

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Anything is helpful - hell, even the lap when we were out and my car blew up would be helpful. :) You were cooking it out there that lap with your top off...

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Anything is helpful - hell, even the lap when we were out and my car blew up would be helpful. :) You were cooking it out there that lap with your top off...
Everything is better topless! :D And thanks! Let me see what I've got on video. I haven't looked at all the tapes yet.

Cade

·
Registered
386 Posts
Really bummed I missed this event. I ended up going this past weekend though with NCRC, where we ran Track config CCW #1. My first time at Buttonwillow - was quite a blast, and was quite impressed at the aero on the car especially around riverside into the bus stop. Noticeably different handling at Cotton Corners though, where the aero didn't make as much of a difference.

Also my first chance to test out the Cup car suspension & slicks (on day 2) - slicks took a little longer to warm up than I expected, but overall was really quite pleased with the setup...

Cheers,
-Darryl

1 - 16 of 16 Posts