The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
if i am not mistaken our own host, Randy C of chasecam is making this dvd available at their web site

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
I have been discussing importing this in quantity, as has been posted before. But reports are (from SELOC) that Andy suffered a cioncussion and release of the DVD has been delayed.

Andy has promised me that they will indeed supply an NTSC version.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Randy Chase said:
I have been discussing importing this in quantity, as has been posted before. But reports are (from SELOC) that Andy suffered a cioncussion and release of the DVD has been delayed.

Andy has promised me that they will indeed supply an NTSC version.
Apparently beer was the culprit for the concussion. That boy... at le mans he broke his ankle in a paddling pool while he was drunk.

Still the video will be fab.

On the subject of NTSC versus PAL, most players in Europe will do either format, and most players do any DVD region too.

Craigy.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
As I told Andy, most players will play the NTSC version, but most players in the USA (and some other countries) will not play the PAL version.

It is a better idea to make an NTSC only version than a PAL. The UK DVD of Rendezvous that I sell (and now The Cobra Ferrari Wars also) are only in NTSC.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Tuition = noun form of tutor...who knew?

In other, more relevant news, if you're serious about viewing this DVD, the easiest option is to buy a euro-spec DVD player off Ebay or some european electronics store. This would probably run about $60, including shipping, assuming you're shooting for lowest price. Additional options include modifying your present DVD player (not as hard as it sounds) or Xbox or PS2 (a little more difficult), which enables these machines to play media of any region.

The major benefit of doing so is to be able to buy and use marginally-less expensive (sometimes) DVD's/video games from different regions. Also, there exist a lot of various videos/games that are only found in non-region 1 format. Just in case anyone was curious.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
PAL and NTSC have nothing to do with regional codes set by DVD manufacturers. Regional codes are for the sole purpose of limiting copyright abuse. PAL and NTSC are screen formats (for DVD its 720x576 versus 720:480 or something like that). Therefore, to convert from PAL to NTSC to enable play on your tv, you need to change the screen resolution to fit NTSC.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Modern Wedgie said:
PAL and NTSC have nothing to do with regional codes set by DVD manufacturers. Regional codes are for the sole purpose of limiting copyright abuse. PAL and NTSC are screen formats (for DVD its 720x576 versus 720:480 or something like that). Therefore, to convert from PAL to NTSC to enable play on your tv, you need to change the screen resolution to fit NTSC.
...Asuming your TV doesn't already autosense the signal as Euro TV's do.

Region 1 DVD's are I think always NTSC too.
Region 2 DVD's tend do be PAL or SECAM (Euro) rather than NTSC.

PAL and SECAM are both Euro formats, they are similar but use different timing for the colour signal.

PAL and SECAM are both 25 fps, with more lines (more detail) than NTSC.
NTSC is 30fps.

Craigy

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Well then, I guess that makes me look pretty dumb! Well on that note, I should stick to talking about stuff I actually know about....which is pretty much limited to the menu at Subway and accounting. Thanks for the correction, MW!

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
won't PAL play in most computers???

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
It is the same, but neither has gone to press.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
drrjv said:
$29 for C' Était Un Rendezvous seems like a lot for a 9 minute film, even with the extras.

Maybe if they threw in a 'Directors Cut' of Man and A Woman?

:huh:
Maybe, but is a bargain to all the people who bought the bootleg version on VHS for over $50. I hear that a lot.

In my opinion, it not about the total time, it is about what happens during those 9+ minutes. It is about film history. Drama. Tires. Cobblestones. Red lights. Apexing on the red dress. Trash trucks. Disco man. Taxis. Birds. Architecture. Paris. A slice of time.

Certainly some people see it as a 9 minute film. Not everyone though. I am selling out as of tonight and now will have to wait for the shipment from UK. It has been selling like hotcakes for the holidays.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
drrjv said:
$29 for C' Était Un Rendezvous seems like a lot for a 9 minute film, even with the extras.

I am guessing that you have not seen it:)

I have it and I just bought another copy for a friend.

There are no slow parts in this film:clap:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Randy Chase said:
Maybe, but is a bargain to all the people who bought the bootleg version on VHS for over $50. I hear that a lot.

I feel so bad for having downloaded that now.

If you like that sort of film you might want to check out getaway in stockholm 2 (there are 4 in total).

Craigy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts