AP Racing Big Brake Kit
Sector111 Ultra Rear Brake Discs
Stainless Braided Brake Lines

Engine:
Sector111 Katana Supercharger Kit
Chalie X ECU Flash (for a supercharger)
Larini Club Sport 6" Exhaust
Sector111 G-Pan (baffled oil pan)
Sector111 V-2 Fuel Tank Mod (better pickup)
Sector111 Track Mounts (urethane engine mounts)

Transmission:
Sector111 Re-Enforcer (shifter base)
Fidanza v-2 Ceramic Track Clutch

Chassis:
Sector111 RTD2 Brace (rear toe links)
Sector111 Mono Balls (tee hee)
Schroth Profi II 6 point harness (driver and passenger)
Sector111 Fire Extinguisher

I am intending on using it as a semi-DD between my two other cars and my motorcycle but I am concerned on buying a car that has seen its share of track days. It has all the awesome mods I would want to put on a normal Exige and it only has 9,000 miles so I am concerned at the fact that it already has an aftermarket clutch in it. Also, how is the Katana supercharger without being intercooled? I am nervous about the heat soak that could have occurred while it was running laps.

Like I said, it is going to be a semi-DD but I absolutely need it to have DD reliability on the off chance I decide to get rid of one or both of my other cars.

Does anyone here have experience owning a car that previously had a decent track life? If I do decide to pull the trigger it's going to be fun driving around with those spherical bearings...

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
need more details on "fair share of track days".

I wouldent be too scared of the car if the rest checks out but I would adjust the price accordingly. 1 trackday a month by a car enthusiest on normal tires is alot different than a bunch of time trials on slicks.

It might be worthwhile to have smbody in the know check it out. DOes it still have the airbag steering wheel? I would want that in A DD.

Lastly, the katana kit is Kool in the gang, sure an intercooled kit is better but it is still a huge improvement over stock NA.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am waiting for a call back so that I can get more info on the car.

I believe the car still has the airbag but I will add that into my list of questions to ask.

I will update this as soon as I get more info.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
If you're in a smog state like CA, be sure it will pass (visual, OBD, & emissions).

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
The other thing to check on- is it still setup for the 3 point seat belt? 6 point harness, unless your wearing a helmet and HnN system shouldn't be used on the street.

Also the car is pretty well setup for track duty, certainly overkill as a DD/street car.

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
The other thing to check on- is it still setup for the 3 point seat belt? 6 point harness, unless your wearing a helmet and HnN system shouldn't be used on the street.
Why not?

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
3 pt seat belts have a lot of give to them, in a heavy impact they will gently drop you into the air bag. 6 pt harness will give and stretch little under heavy impact, without a HnN system your going to have very heavy loads on your neck... your at much higher risk of breaking it.

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
It's something like driving with a roll cage on street with no helmet. Each strategy is set up as a system.

Aftermarket clutch was probably put in with the Katana to provide more durability with the newly added higher power.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got off the phone, the car was almost purely a track car with around 100 street miles so it doesn't seem like the car for me.

And so the search continues!

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Just got off the phone, the car was almost purely a track car with around 100 street miles so it doesn't seem like the car for me.

And so the search continues!
Agreed - this looks like it'd make a great track toy for someone but not so much a daily driver...

·
Registered
399 Posts
It is possible to mount both the standard 3-point belts and the racing belts together to the car. That handled, and assuming airbags, nothing else in the very desirable equipment list precludes it from being a "semi-DD". However, a couple of the mods will increase the harshness and vibration relative to a more nearly "stock" Exige.

Bob L

1 - 11 of 11 Posts