The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying a used car from a dealer. The issue is that the title is not clear yet (dealer sent money to bank and it will take a few days for process). Other than that the title is clean.

I want to get the car now as it is 200+ miles from where I live. The dealer said I can pay now and drive the car. Once he gets the title cleared from the bank, he will mail it to me otherwise I return the car and he give me back my money. Dealer will put this in writing.

Is this ok to do? Any risk?

Of course I can put deposit and wait for he gets the title but I have to go back again to pick up the car.

Which way I should do.

Thanks,
Will

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Is the dealer selling this car on consignment?

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Is the dealer going to give you a valid bill of sale with ALL of the agreement?? and are you going to take the car home as soon as you hand the money over??

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don’t know all those questions. Sorry, to be clear, the dealer preferred to leave a deposit. He will remove the car from showing. Once the title is arrived, we can finish the transaction.

Guess I should do that, although I have to go there twice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don’t know all those questions. Sorry, to be clear, the dealer preferred to leave a deposit. He will remove the car from showing. Once the title is arrived, we can finish the transaction.

Guess I should do that, although I have to go there twice.
better that way. Good luck and welcome !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts