The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded my 2011 Black pack ages ago for a GTR and now I want another despite the mild Evora headaches!
I seriously have a Lotus addiction and I think the Evora is just so darn sexy!
Please tell me what you guys think would be a deal that one could not refuse:

2011 ST Black Pack 2+2
-premium package
-sports ratio gearbox
-sport package
-star shield
-gloss anthracite forged wheels
-new Pioneer Nav swap out and back up camera
-mild window tinting
-soft indoor cover
-floor mats

-Lotus sport/performance exhaust

-1800 miles
-2 years left on warranty
-dash will be replaced prior to delivery

So what is a great deal on this car? Price wise ...... ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1389535926.608774.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1389535935.239617.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1389535942.656943.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1389535950.286712.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
831 Posts
Stop it, I've begun thinking maybe it wouldn't be so bad to get one myself, you know, to sit by the Elise that gets more and more track use and less and less road use.....

You probably don't remember, but back in '09 you were looking to sell your bordeaux Elise, and I was looking to buy into the Lotus cult. Now look what has happened.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Jay, the number of cars you buy and sell is definitely diagnostic of something.

Crazy? I don't have the correct diploma to confirm that one, but it's a possibility.

Glad there is no blood test for it. For if that were administered to those who frequent this site, there would not be enough treatment centers.

I guess I'm lucky to live up against some hills and expanding the garage is not too practical. How is your's coming along?

Look what happened to the former owner. He was a Dentist but would up living under a bridge ? :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yes, you are bloody crazy.....isn't it wonderful?

Stephen.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Wow that is one nice Evora. Go for it, life is way too short!
Ron:shift:

·
Illegal Alien
5,308 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Stay away from that one. It runs too hot. Just look at those exhaust tips!!! They've been scorched blue!!!!!! rotfl

Good price = $55k? Sports exhaust adds some extra value.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
The only thing I would want is an "S". Coming from the GTR I'd think you'd want the extra power?
For ref, my '11 fully loaded and 1625 miles bought 11/2013 was 62k. I'd say 53-57-ish.

·
Registered
795 Posts
If you can afford a GTR, why aren't you shopping for an Evora S? The performance enhancements are worth it IMO.

And, yes, you are certified crazy. Aren't we all?

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I agree with the S unless you're thinking of going with whatever monster options BOE is coming up with (like a turbo or better s/c kit).

·
Illegal Alien
5,308 Posts
Agree with Allan, an S unless you are committed to a long upgrade road.

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
913 Posts
That's a clean looking Evora. Checking it out on autotrader, the seller is asking $59k. The seller states it has the Black Pack, but it has the 18/19 Anthracite forged wheel rather than the black Design wheel; also, the mirrors aren't black. My guess is its a custom wrap. Not that it looks bad or anything, but I would check if it's vinyl or paint. The stock stereo was replaced giving it navigation and a backup camera, but without the tech pack it lacks cruise and back up sensors. Again, most people wouldn't care, just little things I noticed while looking at the car. This car does have really low miles for its age (a 2011 with only 1,875). I would agree with the post above, about mid to low $50s would sound about right to me. Then again, I'm not sure what was done for performance modifications to the exhaust or how much that's worth.

As for coming from a GTR, you may want to look at S models. I'm perfectly happy with the performance of my NA, but it's the sportiest car I've ever driven, so I don't have much else to compare to it. Either way, good luck on the Evora search!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys....
I have never left Lotus by the way...my 2-11 and an Elise are still hanging out in the garage. The 2-11 is a keeper.....honestly one of the best cars Lotus has ever built...please someone buy Robb's before I buy a second one!!!:facepalm

GTR is my DD....I am not rebuying the Evora for "GTR-like" performance. I actually feel that it is one of the best looking cars made today. ESP. with the black pack. I would have to track an S if I had it so that I do not need. Most of my cars are already race cars so my wife says all new cars must be street legal for awhile......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's a clean looking Evora. Checking it out on autotrader, the seller is asking $59k. The seller states it has the Black Pack, but it has the 18/19 Anthracite forged wheel rather than the black Design wheel; also, the mirrors aren't black. My guess is its a custom wrap. Not that it looks bad or anything, but I would check if it's vinyl or paint. The stock stereo was replaced giving it navigation and a backup camera, but without the tech pack it lacks cruise and back up sensors. Again, most people wouldn't care, just little things I noticed while looking at the car. This car does have really low miles for its age (a 2011 with only 1,875). I would agree with the post above, about mid to low $50s would sound about right to me. Then again, I'm not sure what was done for performance modifications to the exhaust or how much that's worth.

As for coming from a GTR, you may want to look at S models. I'm perfectly happy with the performance of my NA, but it's the sportiest car I've ever driven, so I don't have much else to compare to it. Either way, good luck on the Evora search!
Black packs can have Antracite wheels as my last one did --- also mirrors are not black....it is paint and not wrap.
Also cruise has been added.....it is really easy to add since the wiring is in all the Evoras.....piece of cake.
I added it to my first Evora -- you just have to get the dealer to reflash ecu to recognize the addition.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
As I started a thread over and has been discussed here and there, you really do not need an S to have an absolute ball in an Evora.

This one's a fine example Jay you better get her before someone who has seen it here does.

And yes someone please buy Robbs car so I can quit being tempted to. Best deal on a track Lotus to come along in quite a while.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Docjay, your old car is sitting in my garage. This is a pretty funny thread to come across. I thought the pics were actually of my/your first Evora until I saw the blue tips on the exhaust. I paid $54k for it in November. They were asking $57k if that helps with your purchase. Sure, I could have found a '11 cheaper, but I wanted THIS one in silver with the black pack. I think it's the perfect combo for this car. It got parked for free in front of the Ritz in Dallas today, next to an antique Rolls and a Ferrari. I took her out on the track for the first time a couple of weeks ago. With the SR Atom as an option it won't spend too much time in it on the track, but I can't get enough driving it on the street. It's always good to have options...

·
Premium Member
2,979 Posts
Yeah you've got it real bad, and as far as I know, there is no antidote or vaccine available. ?
With the stable you have, the NA should be perfectly fine. You're blessed Doc?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Docjay, your old car is sitting in my garage. This is a pretty funny thread to come across. I thought the pics were actually of my/your first Evora until I saw the blue tips on the exhaust. I paid $54k for it in November. They were asking $57k if that helps with your purchase. Sure, I could have found a '11 cheaper, but I wanted THIS one in silver with the black pack. I think it's the perfect combo for this car. It got parked for free in front of the Ritz in Dallas today, next to an antique Rolls and a Ferrari. I took her out on the track for the first time a couple of weeks ago. With the SR Atom as an option it won't spend too much time in it on the track, but I can't get enough driving it on the street. It's always good to have options...
No kidding!?!?
What an insanely small world!
You have a spec atom?....that is crazy....I am one of the inaugural 10 Spec Atom guys.....
I had them paint mine in Bourdeax red pearl Lotus color to match my Elise......
What a small world!! ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1389580190.612311.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1389580343.957318.jpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts