The Lotus Cars Community banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
75 Posts
I did like the 911, but I didn’t love it. Car felt too distant. Electronic steering doesn’t help either.
Engine sound is terrible. Sounded like a Dyson vacuum. Too many electronic nannies numb the driving experience. Don’t get me wrong, its a nice car, but not what I expected.
I always regretted not buying a GT3 instead.

Although the Evora is nowhere near as fast, it just feels fun. The hydraulic steering feel is far better than the Turbo S as the feedback from the road is superb.
The Porsche excitement only lasted a couple weeks for me.
Ever since I bought the Evora 6 months ago, I smile ever time I fire it up.
I drove 2 991.2 GT3s back to back last weekend, a winged GT3 and a Touring, both 6MT. The GT3s are great machines. Everything about them on Youtube is real. The winged GT3 has $9000 Dundon exhaust headers and it sounds insane.

The Evora GT has better turn in (front double wishbone only in later 992 GT3s), more steering feedback, and just feels smaller. The GRP cat delete pipe made the car sounds nicer(yes, for only $250). Maybe not as nice as the winged one, but definitely comparable to the stock GT3 under 7k rev. The Evora doesn't offer the crazy top rev range (7k-9k) of the GT3, I just wished the Evora has a Honda engine sometimes.

I would say Evora GT offers 90% of the GT3 feel, at about 50% of the price. Plus, my young kids can ride with me to have some fun too.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Automotive tail & brake light Tire

·
Registered
4 Posts
I drove 2 991.2 GT3s back to back last weekend, a winged GT3 and a Touring, both 6MT. The GT3s are great machines. Everything about them on Youtube is real. The winged GT3 has $9000 Dundon exhaust headers and it sounds insane.

The Evora GT has better turn in (front double wishbone only in later 992 GT3s), more steering feedback, and just feels smaller. The GRP cat delete pipe made the car sounds nicer(yes, for only $250). Maybe not as nice as the winged one, but definitely comparable to the stock GT3 under 7k rev. The Evora doesn't offer the crazy top rev range (7k-9k) of the GT3, I just wished the Evora has a Honda engine sometimes.

I would say Evora GT offers 90% of the GT3 feel, at about 50% of the price. Plus, my young kids can ride with me to have some fun too.
…….
View attachment 1302751
View attachment 1302750

View attachment 1302751
View attachment 1302750
Generally agree. Have driven numerous GT3’s; m/t, PDK, standard and Touring models. I hate Porsche’s carbon racing seats, so often sought out their sport seats or 14, 18 way electrics. Great cars for a while, but I then found their harsh suspension and ride, for street driving, to wear on me. I do not find that with the Evora GT.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have the S1 and the ride is nothing short of magical. I drove straight home from the dealer over 700 miles away without any back pain. Whereas my minivan, I have to buy a lower back pad for support and still sit in discomfort. Lotus nailed the seating on the Evora.

·
Registered
18 Posts

View attachment 1302751
View attachment 1302750
Stroem, absolutely on point, my buddy had a GT3 RS and could not agree more with your back to back review
And Stum, exactly what I was going to say, the harsh ride kills the deal for an all-round PERFECT sports car that my GT absolutely is ... and I've only driven mine 3X LOL
Cheers
Steve

41 - 46 of 46 Posts