The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking for a while as I look for a V8 Esprit to buy. I have found a couple of nice earlier V8's, but they don't have the OZ Nova wheels that I prefer. Does anyone know anyone selling a set of these wheels, and what is going price for a set in good condition?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have been lurking for a while as I look for a V8 Esprit to buy. I have found a couple of nice earlier V8's, but they don't have the OZ Nova wheels that I prefer. Does anyone know anyone selling a set of these wheels, and what is going price for a set in good condition?
I was lucky enough to find a set a few years ago. I paid about $4200. That's a lot of money but they don't come along very often so I grabbed them.
You might check Lotus Esprit World and The Lotus Forum. Both are in the UK and they have a parts area. There are rims out there that are a pretty close march to the OZs. You might also do a search on this forum for Esprit owners that have gotten copies.
Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
3,744 Posts
FYI - back in 2013 (?) I had two new in box OZ Nova front wheels - I held them since 2012 but could not find 2 OZ Nova rear wheels. Decided to sell them in 2013 - to this day 2019 the buyer has found only 1 rear OZ Nova wheel and unable to complete the set. That's 6 years. If you see a complete set, you need to jump on it - as beinmymirror says, they don't come along often and prepare to shell out the money.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I bought a used set a few years ago for US$4k. They came off of two wrecks. Scarce. I was recently offered a set of Crono Magnesios for $8500. I passed.

·
Super Moderator
3,744 Posts
Re: Crono Magnesios - aside from having a look that resembles a common JDM wheel, IMHO the published weights are not that significant. If you're restoring an Esprit that needs them, sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, I am not a fan of non-OEM wheels on older cars, so I won't go the route of aftermarket wheels even if they are a close match.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I’m the guy with the two front and one rear I can pass you the torch if you want to try your luck with finding one more rear. I found one last year in the Uk but the seller wasn’t willing to ship to the US

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
401 Posts
G8nightman, what's the problem in shipping a wheel from the UK to the US? Just have it packed propperly and shipped insured.
If you can still get hold of it, and seller will still not ship to the US, but maybe to me which is much closer, I may receive it here in Copenhagen, Denmark, and then pass it on to you. Probably expensive, but these wheels are made of super rare unobtanium, and they are certainly not getting less rare with time passing by.
Let me hear if that is needed.
Kind regards,
Redfox

·
Registered
507 Posts
G8nightman, what's the problem in shipping a wheel from the UK to the US? Just have it packed propperly and shipped insured.
If you can still get hold of it, and seller will still not ship to the US, but maybe to me which is much closer, I may receive it here in Copenhagen, Denmark, and then pass it on to you. Probably expensive, but these wheels are made of super rare unobtanium, and they are certainly not getting less rare with time passing by.
Let me hear if that is needed.
Kind regards,
Redfox
I understand that but the seller refused to pack it and ship only choice I had was to have someone pick it up. The only person I had was 3 hours away driving so I had to pass on it.

·
Super Moderator
3,744 Posts
FYI - as G8nightman mentioned, getting a single rear wheel is difficult. I also recall there were more than a few scams trying to sell complete OZ Nova wheels that the seller didn't have. They steal image off the Web and do the same scam as selling someone else's car. Buyer beware when it comes to sending money to an unknown source for anything expensive - OZ Nova wheels for the Esprit crowd in particular.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Okay, so does the seller still have that wheel and is it still for sale? Maybe you, I or someone else could ask on the other forum if someone else is near the address to pick it up and wrap it up and ship it. That's the help I got with my own OZ Futura's when I found them in another country. Certainly a personal pick up is much preferred. Btw. I am not a scammer, I am an Esprit Turbo SE owner for the last 6 years having posted here and on the other forums regularely. I am also a member of the board in the Lotus Club Denmark. Yes, sure one got to be carefull, I have sent quite some money abroad, and waited months on end for the parts to finally arrive - say for example original Sport300 turbo, ecm and extra rear cage brace plus brakes, seats etc. Those parts easily amounted for more than a set of 4 Nova's. Anyway, it's just a suggestion to get on with your project of getting the last of 4 Nova's. I'll be happy to help if need be. PM me if you need my address and landline.
Kind regards,
Redfox

·
Registered
507 Posts
Okay, so does the seller still have that wheel and is it still for sale? Maybe you, I or someone else could ask on the other forum if someone else is near the address to pick it up. That's the help I got with my own wheels. I'd be happy to help if need be.
Kind regards,
Redfox
Thanks Redfox but this was about a year ago. I didn’t think to post on here for help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts