The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, another new guy here. I am beginning my search for my Lotus Elise. At this point, i have a pretty open mind on what i would like. I am prepared to spend between 35-45k....i am considering new though which according to the website comes in around 53k. I have a few basic questions.
If i buy used, what model years are preferable if any? Is the supercharged version worth the extra money and if so would it make sense to buy a higher milage/older model to afford one? If i buy new i would be stretching my budget slightly...is this worth it? Are new elises going for msrp these days or can deals be had? I am also completely lost on which colors i like as i have only seen a few due to the limited quantity readily available in the area(MA). Any feedback would be greatly apreciated. Thanks all.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
The only supercharged Elise's are 08+ models, so finding a higher mileage/older model is going to be difficult...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Don't stretch your budget. But, yes, the car is worth it if you have the money. If you don't have the money, nothing is worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts