The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
You bought a pen because it's orange? I guess I was expecting an rc car or model, something more "relevant".

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
i bought another car that matched my car :D

·
Registered
6,538 Posts
I buy toys that ARE Lotus...specifically 100 or so different Lotus slot cars in HO, 1/32 and 1/24 scales.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Silly I guess, but couldn't help it.

DSCN0305w.jpg

·
Registered
2,409 Posts

painted the stripes/wheels to match my car! (pic in avatar)

I have some 1/43 Lotus and a propensity to buy things in the Lotus BRG/Yellow combo color scheme as well.

·
Registered
6,538 Posts
Wow, I didn't know that it existed, thanks for the picture.
The Ninco Exige slot cars came (come) in five different liveries, although one is extremely limited and available only to members of a slot car club based in the UK. They pop up for sale by members from time to time at a premium.

4 are shown below, the lower right is the club car. A new livery has come out since I took this picture.

Scalextric has current Lots 49's in several liveries for Clark and Hill, in BRG as well as Gold Leaf colors.

Fly and SCX has slot cars of the current Lotus F1 cars.

And there are a ton of vintage ('60s, 70's, 80's) 1/32 and 1/24 scale Lotus of all kinds. Some are worth a lot of money (1/24 scale Scalextric Lotus 38 brings $700 to $800 for a well played with example) and some not so much.

Chapman leveraged the slot car craze in the '60's to pay for both his racing and road car business' by licensing a wide variety of Lotus Types being reproduced as slot cars.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You bought a pen because it's orange? I guess I was expecting an rc car or model, something more "relevant".
Well, it's not exactly a Bic stick pen (it cost more than the MicroMirror I still need to order). I've been wanting a Namiki Vanishing Point fountain pen for a long time after hearing great reviews on pen blogs and podcasts. When I saw it in the shop and realized how close the color match was, I had to pull the trigger. It's not the most expensive pen I own, but it and the Elise are my "daily drivers."

I bought these to match my car....

What are those? Probax booster seats? Niiiice!

i bought another car that matched my car :D
I think the only thing that can top that is buying a house to match the car.

·
Carbon Fiber
1,637 Posts
Matching boat could top it, and I think alot of truck enthusiasts do this, maybe the other way around actually...

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
love those slot cars when I was a kid in the 80's. they are the basis for the phrase "rides like it's on rails" :) Makes me want to buy them again seeing them after so many years.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Wow those Ninco racetrack set is $440!!! That is an expensive toy. I'll just race my actual car instead.

·
Registered
305 Posts

I also have the Black Ninco Exige and the blue scalextric caterham

·
Registered
502 Posts
I bought blue camp chairs and a blue tent for track days :shrug:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts