The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Every time I start off I get this buzzing sound somewhere above my feet under or in the dash. It is 2 seconds or less and sounds like a sping or metal vibrating. I haven't gone upside down in there to check it out yet. Just a nuisance item but it bugs me! Pedal return spring? #10 or #11?

Anyone else had this sound or investigated? I thought I had seen someone else comment on it here but couldn't find anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I got the answer on this one at first service.
Here is what they said; "Heard noise at 8 mph. Shut off car and started again. Noise heard again at 8 mph. Noise is ABS module running self test and vibrating on brake pedal. Will contact Lotus for further instruction."

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have this intermittently as well. I also thought it was right under me. However, I notice it goes away and sometimes comes back every time the bottom engine access panel is removed/installed. Although I haven't checked it recently, I have a theory of what causes it. If you look under the car with the engine access panel removed, you'll see where the hand brake cables comes out, it's very close to the edge of the access panel. I believe it's vibrating at certain RPM and certain momentum swings causing it to rub against the floor panel. This gives the impression it's right under you. Next time I'm down there, I may try to wrap it or place some kind of weatherstripping foam by it to prevent the contact. If it works, I'll know that's what it was.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
By the way, definitely not the ABS. There is nothing confusing about the ABS pulsing through the pedal. Unless, yours is definitely coming through the pedal, then we are definitely talking about two different things.

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, the pedal does not do anything. Just the spring-like buzzing sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts