The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best setting for street, autocross and HPDE:

2005 Elise. LSS wheels and suspension. Toyo R888 in stock sizes.

Right now I've got it on the middle of the 5 settings.

·
Registered
283 Posts
What's the best setting for street, autocross and HPDE:

2005 Elise. LSS wheels and suspension. Toyo R888 in stock sizes.

Right now I've got it on the middle of the 5 settings.

I assume that you have the 'Street' BWR bar rather than the 'Uber'.The object is to keep the inside rear wheel in good contact during cornering.
I had the same set up as you and tried moving both adjusters one setting forward and got better rear traction but skipping a little at the front on rough roads. Moved one side adjuster back to centre and was better overall.

Suggest that you try moving one side forward and see how it goes on corners and if you still get inside rear wheel slip coming out of corners, move the other side forward.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I was running the middle setting until I switched to Hoosiers and now I am running at full stiff... the car seems very neutral with the 3rd setting on "street tires" and neutral at full stiff with slicks

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
I was running the middle setting until I switched to Hoosiers and now I am running at full stiff... the car seems very neutral with the 3rd setting on "street tires" and neutral at full stiff with slicks
Went to Hoosiers and the second-stiffest seems to nail the rear tire down enough. Car will go into a big push with too much power too soon on corner exit. Won't dance on lift. I might try one softer.

The limiation on this car seems not to be the lack of LSD, but the lack of front negative camber.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. It is the street version of the BWR bar. I'll keep it on the middle setting and adjust to be one notch stiffer in event of autocross or HPDE.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Went to Hoosiers and the second-stiffest seems to nail the rear tire down enough. Car will go into a big push with too much power too soon on corner exit. Won't dance on lift. I might try one softer.
FWIW, I came to exactly the same conclusion, put mine one softer. Only run one event/four runs on it in the middle setting, new Hoosiers, and SO FAR (very small sample..) it does not seem too soft.

.02c!

Iain

1 - 6 of 6 Posts