The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering these as replacements. My stock originals now have 120k miles on them and are noisy as hell.

I assume these are poly?
Self-Lubricating Bushings

Anybody have any experience with them? What are the other poly options?

My car is mainly street driven, MAYBE one or two track days per year, not driven that hard.

·
Registered
514 Posts
excellent choice. Autocross car. Really makes a difference in response and feel. No noise now either! Don't use the sphericals if it's mainly a road car. Plan on 12 hrs to do the job, and buy the tool. It is totally worth it.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
I autocross and track my car, I like them. I felt my driving wasn't up to monoballs yet.

Second that, get the tool for them. If you have an aftermarket oil pan you will have problems with the right fwd bolt and have to cut it or take the pan off. Spacers are fun in the fronts, glue them together and you may need to use a nut and bolt to expand the openings a bit. Get a big rubber mallet, this helped me a lot too.

There are several good threads on this. Give yourself some time too!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, good info (especially about gluing the spacers). I've had the wheels off and looked at the job, and have just been grumbling and putting it off. Looks like two days of fighting discouragement, walking away, drinking and fighting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts