The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I really don't feel like doing the math, what mm is the new bore from BWR?
Proflow has been boring the OEM TB's for years now and they are doing the DBW o6 and up as well!
http://www.proflowdesign.com/tbtoy.html
I believe their new bore is 68mm ! They will even powdercoat it for you :)

Lotus Elise/Exige 2ZZ-GE w/cable throttle
Price $175.00

Lotus Elise/Exige 2ZZ-GE w/Drive by Wire
Price $230.00

·
Registered
772 Posts
question is, will this (along with an aftermarket intake) require another reflash of the ECU?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Even if the throttle body has a larger diameter, the inlet of the intake manifold is still the same size as the original throttle body, so how will this help performance?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Even if the throttle body has a larger diameter, the inlet of the intake manifold is still the same size as the original throttle body, so how will this help performance?
It should be port matched - I did this myself with a Honing tool on my S2000 and it worked out nicely.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yes, it has to be port matched, or else just buying this throttle body will not provide any gains.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Maybe if you have a SC...

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I think because the SC is sucking air big time.

Unlike a turbo that has the blower before the throttle body, the SC is after. So the more air that goes through the TB the more air finds its way to the blower.

There might be a more scientific explanation. But that's the way I see it.

·
Vendor
3,177 Posts
Wow, thanks Tim! Beat me to it! Let me address a few questions and comments:

1. Ours is 70mm. We looked at a re-bore and felt the sizing was too small and the walls were too thin. Casting the piece is damn expensive, but you get what you pay for.
2. Correct that it would be best port match, however you will see improvement without the port match, here is why: If you have a 65mm TB and a 65mm intake opening, you have to remember that the throttle plate and bar blocks some of the inlet area making effectively 2 openings that total less than 65mm opening in the Intake.
3. The "kinks in the same hose" was my analogy from the previous thread, even though I forgot I said it. I reserve the right to plagarize myself! :)
4. Dynos are forthcoming along with a tune etc. etc. Right now we are nose down on 2006 kits. We've seen "significant" gains in torque & HP with TB, tune, and Intake on N/A cars throughout the range. I don't want to release numbers until their finalized, but we've seen >20lb/ft of torque in places w/o port match! :shift:
5. I think Darth GF is on to something.... :)

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I think it means they are working really hard to get 2006 products and so is competition so they are shortly allowing the use of cocaine in the office.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wwXYPfdDyTw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wwXYPfdDyTw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
Vendor
3,177 Posts
Too funny! I meant nose to the crack stone. I mean grindstone! :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts