The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noob here. I recently picked up an '06 Sport. Love the car but I'd love it even more with an increase of power and torque. I would be very grateful to receive the guidance from the experts here. I called Forcefed regarding their 275 kit but I was informed that this kit won't be available until September. Alternatively, they have the BWR kit which seems right for my needs. My question, therefore, is this: How to does the BWR kit compare to the Katana kit offered by Sector 111? I am interested in reliability and durability as much as I am in performance.

Thank you in advance for any advice that can be offered.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Was an easy decision for me - Sector111 '06 kit is available, BWR '06 kit is not. Of course, I'm still waiting on my re-flash from charlie.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, Ivan1. According to their websites, both the Katana and BWR kits are '06 compatible.

·
Registered
558 Posts
The BWR kit for 2006-7 Elise/Exige was released this weekend. Do a search on BWR and Katana and you'll find a ton of data. Katana has a larger installed base overal. Until recently, Katana tune was done thru Sector 111 although the eCU tune was always done by CharlieX for S111. Now, Katana kit is sold separately by S111 w/o tune which is supplied separately by CharlieX. BWR kit is integrated with ECU tune (pay one vendor) such tune being done by PES for BWR.

There are some small differences in location od Alternator as well as relo of sharcoal filter. Katana is a Greddy intake, BWR intake is custom for Lotus. Injectors are different between the two. I believe its fair to say base Katana is a little stronger mid range and BWR stronger in peak HP and torque. They both appear to be good kits with excellent support.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The BWR kit for 2006-7 Elise/Exige was released this weekend. Do a search on BWR and Katana and you'll find a ton of data. Katana has a larger installed base overal. Until recently, Katana tune was done thru Sector 111 although the eCU tune was always done by CharlieX for S111. Now, Katana kit is sold separately by S111 w/o tune which is supplied separately by CharlieX. BWR kit is integrated with ECU tune (pay one vendor) such tune being done by PES for BWR.

There are some small differences in location od Alternator as well as relo of sharcoal filter. Katana is a Greddy intake, BWR intake is custom for Lotus. Injectors are different between the two. I believe its fair to say base Katana is a little stronger mid range and BWR stronger in peak HP and torque. They both appear to be good kits with excellent support.
Thanks, Tim. And thanks again Ivan1 for the links. Quite a lot of objective and subjective discourse to sift through. CharlieX is evidently the Guru in connection with his Lotus specific skill sets. Are his reflashing services and solutions reserved exclusively for the Katana applications or does he also perform his magic for other SC brand applications as well?

·
Vendor
3,188 Posts
Thanks, Tim. And thanks again Ivan1 for the links. Quite a lot of objective and subjective discourse to sift through. CharlieX is evidently the Guru in connection with his Lotus specific skill sets. Are his reflashing services and solutions reserved exclusively for the Katana applications or does he also perform his magic for other SC brand applications as well?
I think you'll be quite pleased with the PES tuning also. They have a 10 year history doing ECU tuning. Ask any of our current customers their opinion. Or just watch Art's video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOyrt2Ptvbk

That said, I believe CharlieX has stated somewhere here that he is hardware independent, though he would be best to ask.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
i have yet to do a BWR install so i cant give any opinion on it.
i have done 11 katana installs 3 being on 2006/07 cars, and my customers love them, and have been driving trouble free so far.
the only thing i dont like about the katana is that the injector cover retains the manifold humps, where as i believe the BWR kit comes with a smoothed out cover, but that is just little detail stuff.
also the tunes i have recieved from charlie have been great, with a steady idle and great performance.

T.J.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts