The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opinions, anyone? The costs and performance figures of the two aftermarket superchargers appear to be very close.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Dont forget there is another option comming very soon. Lotus will be offering a kit that is supposed to be competitively priced, i just got back from the install class. it is a nice kit.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Don't forget the VF solution with the intercooler...

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I like my BWR-
And I love my Katana from S.111. I think one deciding factor is your preference for the placement of the alternator and accessibility. That and the Charliex tune for the ECU were the tipping factors for my choice of the S.111 Katana. Granted, you could still use Charlie for the reflash for a BWR install, so choose according to your personal inclination. :shrug: I don't think you could go wrong with either.

I am grateful that we have multiple choices for products for our cars and I rate both businesses "five star." The customer service and relationships with both are extraordinary. :up:

·
Vendor
3,708 Posts
It's $4000 now. The Katana is on sale for $3400 (temporarily?) so it's a better deal right now all together.

The BWR Kit is $3995 INCLUDING PES tune. I believe the Katana tune has to be sourced separately i.e. Charlie. You'll notice we have the PES tune available separately for those that want it.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The BWR Kit is $3995 INCLUDING PES tune. I believe the Katana tune has to be sourced separately i.e. Charlie. You'll notice we have the PES tune available separately for those that want it.
That's correct. The separate runs $600-650, so the prices are still comparable.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts

Ah! Sorry Fred! I didn't know that. That makes it a better value. :) You might consider making that more obvious on the site so people like me can see it with ease rotfl

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
You do get the value added software with my tune, which isn't available to everyone yet bu it is out there, which no one else does, and you get access to certain dash features no one else does either.

the new interface hardware is currently in production for it, which is the general release hold up.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
You do get the value added software with my tune, which isn't available to everyone yet bu it is out there, which no one else does, and you get access to certain dash features no one else does either.

the new interface hardware is currently in production for it, which is the general release hold up.
+1 for charlies tuning. Much more versitile. plus I like to speak with the programmer rather than just the guy who is doing the ECU mod.

·
Registered
648 Posts
VF's supercharger kit I just don't like the idea of any form of Forced Induction without cooling.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Don't forget the VF solution with the intercooler...
VF has a system? I did not see it on thier website.

Can you post some info? this would seem a prime alternative even without the intercooler. Smooth usable power that pulls harder with every rpm.

I am trying to find a deal or at least a used VF system for my 540i right now.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.