The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm curious to see if any BWR supercharger owners here attempted an install by themselves?

I might go ahead and try the install with a friend but wanted to see if anyone had any hand-on exp.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,941 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
bwr s/c install

recently did a bwr s/c install w/o clam and trunk lid removal and battery disconnect. it can be done with no problems. remove diffuser, undertray, right rear wheel and liner and go to town. be patient. bwr directions are very good and fred zust is a big help. results are truly extraordinary. best of luck regards. flip

·
Registered
311 Posts
Replied to your PM. Willing to help anyway I can.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks man!

The way this Exige is setup (a real track track car), I have no idea where the correct jack points are, my guess is that I'll have to remove the rear panel first to figure it out.

Replied to your PM. Willing to help anyway I can.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Also feel free to PM me with any questions. I did my install with clam on. The directions are truly brilliant.

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Thanks man!

The way this Exige is setup (a real track track car), I have no idea where the correct jack points are, my guess is that I'll have to remove the rear panel first to figure it out.
Track car or not , it started its life as a street car. I'd be surprised if the jack points are other than what is described in the manual. Unless the PO removed them, there should be some stickers on the pan to show you two of the jack points.

And you can always get one of Jim Clayton's jacker helpers.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I did the install solo, clam on. No real issues. A few busted knuckles and confused looks, but it all got done and works great. Reference that big thread a thousand times. If any one step takes more than 15 minutes, you either have the wrong tool or are just doing something wrong. That's how it was for me at least. Lots of "oh that goes the other way". Small mirror is your best friend for seeing backs of oddball connectors. I'd still be taking off the 2 plugs on the ecu if I hadn't looked at it.

Cheers,
Adam

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I did my install by myself with the clam off. The clam off really makes life easier and is not hard to do. I took my time over a Saturday and Sunday and had it finished up without any problems. The laptop was by my side the whole time as I went through the directions step by step. Not hard at all.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Excellent feedback....

Now I have the confidence to get this amazing mod underwat, Install will begin Monday afternoon.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Supercharger Comparisons

Has anyone done a side by side comparison of the various supercharger options for the elise/exige? (e.g. BWR vs. Katana vs. TVS vs. "Factory Install"?

I have seen a few discussions on LotusTalk where one is compared to another but not an overall summary. I would be curious to see how they all stack up in terms of price, dyno results, ease of install and "user experience".

Just wondering :shrug:

·
Registered
1 Posts
A few questions on the BWR install:

1) The install requires a new map or flash on the ECU right?
2) Would you recommend an aftermarket exhaust when installing a supercharger?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
and????? is it all you expected? can't believe you didn't do it sooner? can't believe Lotus didn't offer sooner? please share.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dave, it was pretty late so I just took a quick drive around the block to make sure there were no issues, I'll write up a better report on the weekend.

I can say that there is already a day and night difference!

This is the first mod I've done - only had the car for a month, i don't think i can mod anything else on this Exige.

and????? is it all you expected? can't believe you didn't do it sooner? can't believe Lotus didn't offer sooner? please share.

Dave

1 - 20 of 30 Posts