The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had my car back about two weeks and I have driven it about 500 miles. The BWR supercharger kit for the 2006 Exige was put on at PES.

I feel I am in a unique position in that I have owned a NA Exige, an Exige S and now a BWR supercharged exige.

First Impressions: After picking up the car I drove from Philadelphia to Virginia Beach. The car ran flawously. The power is very linear and pulls from down low with no problem. The cam switch is seamless and seems to change around the 5000rpm mark. I was truly impressed with how much low-end grunt the car now has. It has transformed the car

Differences between S and BWR supercharger.
The first difference I noticed was the supercharger wine. It is more pronounced in the BWR car than the exige S. That being said the BWR car feels faster than my old S. Keep in mind it has been at least 6 months since I have driven it. The cam change feels like it comes on a bit later than the exige S but I could be mistaken, again it has been sometime since I have driven an S.

Overall.
The kit looks awesome and you really can hardly see it in the engine compartment. I am extremely happy with the power both at part throttle and full. My clutch seems to be holding up fine so I don’t think a clutch upgrade is necessary with the stage one kit. Keep in mind my car has 17500 miles on it and it is not slipping. I truly am happy that I sold my S and bought back my old exige. It saved me about 20k at the time, which I needed, and now I feel I have a car just as good.

Thanks Fred and BWR.

Josh

Oh yea Dyno results will be posted tomorrow night.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I have had my car back about two weeks and I have driven it about 500 miles. The BWR supercharger kit for the 2006 Exige was put on at PES.

I feel I am in a unique position in that I have owned a NA Exige, an Exige S and now a BWR supercharged exige.

First Impressions: After picking up the car I drove from Philadelphia to Virginia Beach. The car ran flawously. The power is very linear and pulls from down low with no problem. The cam switch is seamless and seems to change around the 5000rpm mark. I was truly impressed with how much low-end grunt the car now has. It has transformed the car

Differences between S and BWR supercharger.
The first difference I noticed was the supercharger wine. It is more pronounced in the BWR car than the exige S. That being said the BWR car feels faster than my old S. Keep in mind it has been at least 6 months since I have driven it. The cam change feels like it comes on a bit later than the exige S but I could be mistaken, again it has been sometime since I have driven an S.

Overall.
The kit looks awesome and you really can hardly see it in the engine compartment. I am extremely happy with the power both at part throttle and full. My clutch seems to be holding up fine so I don’t think a clutch upgrade is necessary with the stage one kit. Keep in mind my car has 17500 miles on it and it is not slipping. I truly am happy that I sold my S and bought back my old exige. It saved me about 20k at the time, which I needed, and now I feel I have a car just as good.

Thanks Fred and BWR.

Josh

Oh yea Dyno results will be posted tomorrow night.
I am truly happy that you sold your "S" too Josh!

:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts