The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In hopes of answering some questions we have between these two SC kits, we want to extend to an invitation to any Katana owners or BWR owners (preferably Katana since we don't know any Katana owners) willing to put their cars on a dyno with a BWR car.

We will probably pay for your dyno expenses as well.

We would need your car to be "stock", meaning no pulley upgrade and minimal upgrades otherwise.

If your car isn't stock, you're still welcome to join for fun :p

This is taking place in the NY/NJ/CT area. We'll try to work with you on a location and, of course, a time :)

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
How about a timed lap instead with the same driver - Dyno's are about as reliable as my ex girlfriend!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have the BWR kit and would be interested in seeing the Dyno #'s.

My car is at HRM and hope to get her back later this week.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Well It turns out I have the day off on Mon March 10th. If anyone with a BWR Sc wants to meet & Dyno against a my Katana and a stock Katana, I'd be willing to pay for they Dyno.

That way we could put to rest any Dyno performance numbers between the 2. Then after that possibly we could do some side by side pulls in different gears.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
I'll be on the east coast today somewhere for this week, unfortunately i dont have a katana, and they won't let me put my exige in the overhead bin.

good luck!

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
I'll be on the east coast today somewhere for this week, unfortunately i dont have a katana, and they won't let me put my exige in the overhead bin.

good luck!
Charlie, if you end up in the Greater NY metro area, give me a buz. Maybe we can get some guys together.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'd be in but it would have to be on a saturday, week days won't work.

I am curious to see how much of a bump i'm getting from the silenced de-cat and von hep. Also, the first time we dyno'd my BWR was right after I picked it up and only drove 40 miles or so, wonder if it changed more after some miles. The butt dyno tells me the de-cat is a nice addition to throttle response though! Also when you are getting on it pretty hard and let off the throttle the drag seems less, if that makes any sense. It feels a lot better to me.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Where are you thinking of doing this bavarian? We might be able to find a "better" shop then the one we went to... maybe they will give us a group discount as well ie $60 for 3 pulls each or something.

Not that I have a problem with going back to those guys...we'll just have to remember not to cross the straps this time

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
The question would be if we can get BWR people out then. I don't think Rob would be able to on a Monday and Matt has already said he can only come on a Saturday.
Monday would be tough as I would need to take the day off from work. Saturday's a best.

·
Registered
547 Posts
If you get a BWR lined up for sure, let me know and i might come along anyway. not sure what i am up to this weekend, let me know what you decide.

1 - 20 of 259 Posts