The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to pick up an Elise or Exige and the easiest way for me to do this is from a dealer since I'll need to trade in my current vehicle.

I've been monitoring forums, sale sites, and whatnot like crazy but if anyone sees something at a local dealer, please let me know!

Looking to stay under $35,000.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Looking to pick up an Elise or Exige and the easiest way for me to do this is from a dealer since I'll need to trade in my current vehicle.

I've been monitoring forums, sale sites, and whatnot like crazy but if anyone sees something at a local dealer, please let me know!

Looking to stay under $35,000.

Thanks!
Is the 35K a hard number for you? Why don't you PM Abe on here (username ABE). He can check all the dealers inventories.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the 35K a hard number for you? Why don't you PM Abe on here (username ABE). He can check all the dealers inventories.
Yeah I'd really like to stay under that number more on the $30k side or less side really... From what I've seen from some dealers/private sellers in the past, its pretty doable especially if I stick with an 05/06 Elise.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll shoot him a PM.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Yeah I'd really like to stay under that number more on the $30k side or less side really... From what I've seen from some dealers/private sellers in the past, its pretty doable especially if I stick with an 05/06 Elise.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll shoot him a PM.
My pleasure. He's on here all the time and is very helpful.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you run a check on craigslist or auto trader, you'll see tons of higher mileage older vintage cars for your price range.
Definitely! l've been checking CL and Auto Trader like crazy but most sales there are Private Party, so that's not really working for my situation. Also, a lot of people have been pretty flaky (not responding to emails, etc...)

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
You can also call Rob Dietsch. He sometimes has some for sale.

-JM

·
Back to the Future, again
6,184 Posts
Definitely! l've been checking CL and Auto Trader like crazy but most sales there are Private Party, so that's not really working for my situation. Also, a lot of people have been pretty flaky (not responding to emails, etc...)
If you're serious, my buddy who owns a car dealer has a search service and I think they only charge a fixed fee to find something for you and they can arrange for trades and financing.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Does it have to be CA?

Here is a 19k miles Mag blue at a dealer in Denver, Co. 2005 Lotus Elise Roadster

The dealer spent a ton of money cleaning the mice nest out, removing the star shield and refurbing the paint. I drove this car and all seemed in order.
Not a sport but has the split spoke wheels and no hard top.

Has been in their inventory since May and I know they will go to $33.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Does it have to be CA?

Here is a 19k miles Mag blue at a dealer in Denver, Co. 2005 Lotus Elise Roadster

The dealer spent a ton of money cleaning the mice nest out, removing the star shield and refurbing the paint. I drove this car and all seemed in order.

They took off the Star Shield and didn't put I new one on? That's not good.

This seems expensive. About 4 months ago I paid $35k in San Francisco for a 2007 (also Mag Blue), with the touring packaging, just 9.8k miles and the factory supercharger from the SC fitted. It also has a black interior which to me is worth more than the tan.

The only thing I don't have is the split-spoke wheels.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does it have to be CA?

Thanks for the heads up!

But yeah, like JonS said, seems a little high for what it is. I just missed an 06 here in CA for about ~27k (another member bought it before me). I'd be hoping for an Exige if it was in the 33-36k range...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts