The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Lotus Exige S
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First sunny day today since I picked up the Exige this past weekend. I've been giddy since last night to take her to work this morning. Open the garage, hop in, turn the key, push start... *click click click*...

Turns out I bumped the dome light while cleaning (not knowing it had various positions) and it was left on all night.:facepalm

Now I need to figure out the best way to charge. I've seen many horror stories in other threads about CEL after jumpstarting. I have a battery tender, but I want to take her out NOW! Hmph..!

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
819 Posts
This is one of the better arguments for changing the dome light out to an LED - much lower power consumption.

Re charging the battery - slower rates of charge are generally better, so you should probably contain your enthusiasm until base voltage is back up to 12.2 or so. I wouldn't charge it any faster than a 3 amp tender would if it's really dead.

·
Registered
2007 Lotus Exige S
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your advice is sound. I'll hook up the tender when I get home and cross my fingers for tomorrow. I do have a cutoff switch on the battery, so at least the trickle won't negated by some other draw.

On to the lighting threads now for the right bulb size for dome light replacement!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts