The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be the dirtiest air filter in an Evora. Not sure when it was last changed but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the original installed in 2008!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where is that on the car? Asking for a friend :)
The filter is accessable under the fluid access hatch protected by another hatch with a bolt. Once you get that open its just about under the wiper fluid nozzle. A tip I learned is to rotate the filter to be parallel with the car and you can bring it towards the nose of the car and out without bending it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The filter is accessable under the fluid access hatch protected by another hatch with a bolt. Once you get that open its just about under the wiper fluid nozzle. A tip I learned is to rotate the filter to be parallel with the car and you can bring it towards the nose of the car and out without bending it.
Thanks. Whats the part number? Amazon link?

·
Premium Member
6,353 Posts
Routine 5 minute fix. As you can see, we don't breath all that crap.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Just changed mine out. Freakin nasty!! It was layered and caked with blackness. Sprayed it with my favorite cologne 🤓

·
Loves to talk
896 Posts
I think all you gents have S1s. I took the hint and went after my 400's filter but either something has changed for the worse or I'm missing something. The inner hatch looks the same as the S1 but the filter is fixed by two screws at the top. One of them is unreachable except clam off as far as I can tell. I can get to the other one but it spins in place and there isn't enough room between it and the bottom of the clam to extract it anyway.

What am I missing. photo attached.

=

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Agreed with @agentdr8 the filter can be seen in your photo, its on the front facing the front of the car. The filter is a different size and part number than the S1 cars. (HethelSports still has it tho)

·
Loves to talk
896 Posts
Agreed with @agentdr8 the filter can be seen in your photo, its on the front facing the front of the car. The filter is a different size and part number than the S1 cars. (HethelSports still has it tho)
Of course I saw the filter and that it's dirty which you can also see in the photo but I don't see any way to get a purchase on it or how to get it out through the tiny space remaining between the housing and the clam even if I could pull it forward. I'll look at it again tomorrow, but clearly it's not the same as your cars and maybe takes a different approach.

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Of course I saw the filter and that it's dirty which you can also see in the photo but I don't see any way to get a purchase on it or how to get it out through the tiny space remaining between the housing and the clam even if I could pull it forward. I'll look at it again tomorrow, but clearly it's not the same as your cars and maybe takes a different approach.
That opening near the leading edge does look rather small to fit the filter out of. But even in the S1s, the opening was larger and it still took a lot of rotating and finessing to get the filter out. Rather sub-optimal designs on both I say.

Here's what Deroure has on the 400:

Those 2 screws (#12s) on either side look like they hold the HVAC non-return valves on (#4s), but possibly also cover up a rectangular hole that might allow the filter to slide out of.

Now that I looked at your image again Lew, what is that white rectangle on top? Is that foam? Maybe it comes out, without having to remove those 2 screws, and the filter lifts out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Evora 400 does have a different filter. Its a very tight fit, but you can pull the filter up through the top hole (you see the white in your photo), and push the new one back down. I've done that.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts