The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Elise. Heat/A/C 3 position switch went. I think likely the dreaded resistor pack but wanted to check the C1 fuse (I believe that is the right one). Easy to find but I noticed the C2, C3, and C4 fuse slots are empty??? My radio and wiper motor both work fine, which is what I thought they were for. Am I looking at an old fuse diagram? Would they be somewhere else now?

BTW - C1 looked fine so I think even more likely the resistor pack, unless anyone else has suggestions.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
At least on my car (which has some sketchy wiring from previous owners), there are two cabin blocks despite only one on the wiring diagram. Maybe a second one was hiding in plain sight?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
yea, I had two blocks of 4 slots each. One block only had 1 fuse. The other had all 4 fuses in there. They were right next to each other.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll check in a bit. Sounds like the 1 fuse block may have been holding a spare. (?).

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
C5 is actually for the driving lamps if you have them. if not then yeah its a spare.
Ah, that makes sense. I have the wiring for driving lamps (figured everyone did) but no lamps themselves. Always assumed it was just to keep one harness design, but now I think a previous owner ditched them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts