The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Less is Better
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing says Lotus like exposed duct tape cable management exposed in the trunk :p

I haven't seen a post on this, but I have to assume everyone has it.

Attachments

·
Less is Better
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I especially love that it's 11 separate little strips, haphazardly slapped on, wrinkles and loose corners and all. You'd think it was italian!

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Would you expect anything less... err more ? lol

C'mon these workers are robot substitutes.. mind numbing work does not exactly instill in workers the passion that one might think of when the term "hand-built" mentioned. It's the biggest lie. "Hand-built quality" does not equal bespoke. It really means "inconsistent" quality.

But I think Lotus has realized this isn't acceptable with the Evora.. At they price they demanded for such a car, owners such as myself won't tolerate poor quality and I think as a result Lotus has upped the fit and finish of their newer models considerably.

·
likes to drive fast
1,128 Posts
I remember selling my 05 elise to a potential buyer. He saw the duct tape and said I did it because there is no way a car manufacturer would do such a thing.

·
Back to the Future, again
6,187 Posts
Would you expect anything less... err more ? lol

C'mon these workers are robot substitutes.. mind numbing work does not exactly instill in workers the passion that one might think of when the term "hand-built" mentioned. It's the biggest lie. "Hand-built quality" does not equal bespoke. It really means "inconsistent" quality.

But I think Lotus has realized this isn't acceptable with the Evora.. At they price they demanded for such a car, owners such as myself won't tolerate poor quality and I think as a result Lotus has upped the fit and finish of their newer models considerably.
Yes, the fit and finish on the Evora is lightyears ahead of the Elise/Exige, which wasn't bad, but yeah, it ain't Japanese or German, that's for sure.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
This weekend I was trying to tighten the side mirrors on my 2-Eleven... on one side of the car the adjustment screw was a caphead hex, on the other side a Phillips head.

:tadts:

·
Registered
488 Posts
I hear a lot of the 80's 911s have duct (gaffer) tape in them too. Maybe Lotus saw it as a sign of "refinement".

·
Registered
65 Posts
I replaced the black with silver, at least it sort of blends now with the interior of the clam.......

I honestly think its awesome, things like this craks me up...only in a Lotus

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
i took my tape off... it was just adding too much weight in the rear :sheep:

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I am still waiting for an owner to admit he replace the duct tape with carbon fiber tape (for looks and lightness).

·
Registered
341 Posts
I was wondering if Lotus as an anti-theft procedure purposefully sharpened the edge right in front of the alarm module to cause thiefs trying to disarm the system to slit their wrist.

·
Back to the Future, again
6,187 Posts
I was wondering if Lotus as an anti-theft procedure purposefully sharpened the edge right in front of the alarm module to cause thiefs trying to disarm the system to slit their wrist.
Being British, and knowing how they view self defense, especially the use of deadly force in self defense, they put that piece in there for you to slit your wrist so you wouldn't be a bother to the criminals who are victimizing you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts