The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Well I just took my elise out of storage ( I know i`m slow on that one) anyway, I just put a Arqray and cold air intake on it, upon first start up it was spiting and sputtering...learing ECU. After a couple days it`s starting to get better, how long does it normally take to recalibrate for exhaust and intake anyway?

But thats not really my question, my problem is that yesterday (3rd day of driving) my engine light came on. Car still runs just fine with no real problems.

It was raining pretty good on my way home (when the light came on) and once home, I check and the K&N was wet. Could pulling a little water make the engine light come on? I let the car sit overnight and started it this morning, filter should be dry by now. But the light was still on. Once on will it go off by it self? or do I have to reset it? Could it be anything else thats wrong? I`m guessing I need the diagnostic computer? Theres no way to get the code to put up on the dash like some cars? Can Toyota get the code? Or any garage for that matter? I took the truck today, but really want the car again.

How do you guys get around the water problem? i`m thinking of putting a outerwear (K&N filter cover) and maybe a sheild to stop water from getting to the filter.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks for your time

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha no I have you beat, there is also a CO one around town. I believe theres also a Exige in Nova Scotia...that would be a little more south, but even more to the east then me.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I have posted on the water problem and about how to get the engine to learn a new intake properly. I have only experienced the water problem after washing my car (I don't get a lot of rain in Southern California). If rain is causing you the problem, you may need to make a rain deflector shield for the air filter.

This post explains it:
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f154/fujita-air-19014/index8.html#post1264307

1 - 5 of 5 Posts