The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In their annual "Who Will Win" article, Sports Car magazine has pictures of 4 Cal Clubbers (out of 6) who are picked to win. Included are Julie (STSL), Scott McHugh (AS Vette), Tom Berry (ESP Camaro), and Steve O'Blenes (RX-7).

Taka Aono and Lori Robertson are also picked to win, but their cars aren't pictured.

Personally, I think Mr. Puertas should have been included in STX, but I guess that means he can get a "SportsCar was Wrong" T-shirt to go with his jacket.:)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah, I was surprised about that too. If he has a decent day I think Rob will be unstoppable.

They also stated that Will Kalman would have gotten the pick for STS if he was going.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota

·
Registered
113 Posts
Robert-

You have nothing to be nervous about!!!

Except maybe your co-driver teaching your car bad habits!!!

This is going to be blast. I used to compete at a high level. Every now and then I'd get a wave of nerves... And then I would ask myself where I wanted to be? What I wanted to be doing. Did I want to stand here at the Junior World Championships looking at a big gallery and playing for the title, or did I want to be back home safe and boring. The big show rocks. Nerves show up, ask yourself where you'd rather be. The problem I had then was not nerves be calm. And I used breathing techniques to l try and get my pulse rate back down and emotions in check. I could never get quite as calm as my dad got before races.... I'd have to wake him up in the staging lanes just before he was to run.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Robert Puertas said:
Thanks guys!
I just wish I wasn't so nervous...
You're just there to do a job. And you're going to do it well. Focus on what you can control, and do your best to ignore ALL the rest. And have fun. :) -la

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Conemangler
Who was picked to win in STS and STX???

A pair of Subies. Eric Kriemelmeyer in STS. I guess they figure after two near misses, he's due. And Keith Casey in a WRX wagon in STX.

I still haven't gotten my SportsCar.

You'll probably get it today. Will had his a day before I got mine.

What class is Lori in???

ASL, driving the brown Vette. Assuming Brian gets it fixed in time.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts