The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone think about the California edition? I think the yellow looks great!!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
stop starting new threads and search.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
If Im in California.. Does that make my Elise a California edition?

·
Registered
445 Posts
I got one for a client last week. It left quite an impression on me this time. I had seen it at the LA auto show, but didn't really take it all in. I think it's a sharp car and I love the interior.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I think the California edition has too much color but I like the principle and would like to see part of the package as part of the standard Elise/Exige interior.

For example, the leather covered dashboard makes look like a $50K car; seats and leather covered shift boot with pocket is also very nice but I think leaving a bit of the aluminum in the sills would be nicer. Lots of cars try to add aluminum trim but Lotus cover's it up.

I think the California edition is a statement by Lotus' trim shop saying, "we can make an interior just and good and Audi or the best of them.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I prefer the 08 interior updates over the California editions. I think it hits the right mix of materials much better. I am not a fan of the painted grills on the California edition either. Too much of one colour is not a good thing to me.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Just like the other threads:
Don't like the painted grills, and the front being silver but the rest being body color. Interior has some nice touches but overall is just too much. Dash and shelf is not leather but some kind of hard textured paint that looks like it would be hard to keep clean.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Be nice if we could pick and choose parts. I've love to have the dashboard, a/c surround, and center console in standard black leather.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
You know... I live in California, but what is so special about California that make many car manufacturers use "California" in their model names? -- Lotus, Ferrari, etc.

Yeah, yeah, it's sunny 3/4 of the year and probably the best place in the world for the auto enthusiasts, but... you know. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
You know... I live in California, but what is so special about California that make many car manufacturers use "California" in their model names? -- Lotus, Ferrari, etc.

Yeah, yeah, it's sunny 3/4 of the year and probably the best place in the world for the auto enthusiasts, but... you know. :rolleyes:
I took it as an inside joke on Lotus' part: "Those Californians are superficial and won't mind the extra weight if it looks good. So lets give them what they want and even name it after them." :)

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I took it as an inside joke on Lotus' part: "Those Californians are superficial and won't mind the extra weight if it looks good. So lets give them what they want and even name it after them." :)
Haha.

The car... (I hope I'm not offending any California Edition owners), kinda looks like the girls in California with "enhancements"... ;)

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Everyone complains about the "extra weight", but seriously - it's probably got an extra 1 or 2 pounds of leather. The lunch in my stomach weighs more than that!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts