The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, just wanted to double check. somebody said i should look into a California Edition of an Elise since it has the option of the Magnolia interior all over, including the dash, etc.

my question is, does a California Edition Elise more expensive than the Base Elise? what are the differences in the two?

Mike

·
Registered
1,566 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
768 Posts
When I was buying my Elise a few months ago, I sat inside a Red/Magnolia California edition, and I don't think that the light interior works very well. It's the same cheapo plastic, just lighter colored. The images on Lotus' site make it look much higher quality than it is, but in reality, it reminds me more of milk bottle plastic than something in a nice car.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
somebody said i should look into a California Edition of an Elise....
Sorry - my bad.

Didn't realize it would spawn another new thread.

Just trying to help.

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
thanks, you were a help.

as a result, i've just hit upon another idea that might merit some discussion.....

Mike
rotfl

Go for it Mike - you have managed to strike a chord here - much discussion is generated by your threads :)

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
My god, california edition looks crap, not digging that white dash....

and mike you seemed to have caused quite a stir here :D

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My god, california edition looks crap, not digging that white dash....

and mike you seemed to have caused quite a stir here :D
sorry, dont mean to cause a stir. its just that i have tons of questions, and the only way i know to get sufficient response is to ask them. and one at a time gets more response than anything else.

hope the Mods understand. and if i am doing something wrong, i hope the Mods will point it out. until then, i assume this is what this Forum was intended to be for.

Mike

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
at least attempt some type of search first.

If you completely refuse to attempt a search first, lie about it and say "I tried to search but I couldn't find my answer."

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
thanks, you were a help.

as a result, i've just hit upon another idea that might merit some discussion.....

Mike
rotfl Go for it!

I was actually apologizing to RoadDad, but it's all good to me!

·
Registered
965 Posts
sorry, dont mean to cause a stir. its just that i have tons of questions, and the only way i know to get sufficient response is to ask them. and one at a time gets more response than anything else.

hope the Mods understand. and if i am doing something wrong, i hope the Mods will point it out. until then, i assume this is what this Forum was intended to be for.

Mike
Well I have loads of questions, but loads of people yell at me all the time :p
Except Aedo (Mr. Steve). He's helpful. I guess it's because people like you. But anyway...

I don't like the California at all. The Front grille looks horrible. The white dash isn't amazing. If you're looking to buy one, then I wouldn't recommend it from a visual standpoint...

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
******, you need to get a car with VTEC (very high engine coolant) and a car that shoots flame out of the hood scoops...yeaaaa!!!!

I dont think the California edition does these two things :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts