The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Good luck with that, i had to look for a month and ended up paying like 5k over value because i got so sick of waiting and watching deals fall through.

And i can tell you, you won't find one for less than 30 that's not a salvage title or with serious problems

Rob at Dietsch Werks had a Salvage red Elise for sale a while ago. but even that car was more than 23.5

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Good luck with that, i had to look for a month and ended up paying like 5k over value because i got so sick of waiting and watching deals fall through.

And i can tell you, you won't find one for less than 30 that's not a salvage title or with serious problems

Rob at Dietsch Werks had a Salvage red Elise for sale a while ago. but even that car was more than 23.5
While $23.5K may be a bit optimistic, there ARE non salvage cars going for near that. The OP has reasonable mileage expectations, and he's open to any color or option combo. I bet he can get pretty close to an 05 at that price with his rather flexible expectations, and get a reasonably good one at that.

Your experience is a bit different. You bought a very limited Lotus. And one that was a bit more than a paint job and pin striping. Yours have real track performance upgrades, very limited numbers and valued higher by folks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've got an 05 with 46k miles which up til two months ago was in Sacramento. I and it are in Kingman, AZ about 660 miles from flatsac. I want 24k for it. It is arctic silver with red leather interior. It has starshield, 16's and 17's, shaved front and rear, and would come with some extra parts. It has a California NON- salvage title. PM me if interested with imediate cash. I COULD drive it back to flatsac but can't see taking the fun away from you----David ([email protected]) 928-715-2071

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have a 2005 Saffron Yellow with 55k on the odometer. Not quite ready to part with it but IF I were right now, I would be pricing well enough under the 23.5 mark. So, I think those deals are out there- without going to a salvage title. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I've got an 05 with 46k miles which up til two months ago was in Sacramento. I and it are in Kingman, AZ about 660 miles from flatsac. I want 24k for it. It is arctic silver with red leather interior. It has starshield, 16's and 17's, shaved front and rear, and would come with some extra parts. It has a California NON- salvage title. PM me if interested with imediate cash. I COULD drive it back to flatsac but can't see taking the fun away from you----David ([email protected]) 928-715-2071
Call David on his Lotus. That would be a good car for sure! Remember: Sometimes a car that has been driven means one that is sorted out and free of trouble. I have put 25k on my Elise since I became it's 3rd owner and have had only the common problem of the oil cooler line break (since repaired) Otherwise it runs like a top!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts

I sold mine 3 years ago for under 30k and it had under 7k miles. Now with the viability of Lotus in serious question, you should be able to find a car that meets your criteria with a little searching.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Good deal :up:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts